Honored Contributor

Re: I look at how beautiful crome diopside is.......but

@Karnerblue wrote:

I don't match my clothing with my jewelry.  I just wear what strikes me.

It is a beautiful color.  HSN had a three stone diospide ring on and it was a beauty.

I find that green goes with just about everything..............

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

Re: I look at how beautiful chrome diopside is.......but

I prefer them to emeralds and find they go with everything. Mine are set in yellow gold, what do all the rest of you have for metal surrounding your chrome diopside?

Respected Contributor

@VegasBusinessWoman

Next time in SW FL, try the the jewelry stores in downtown Naples:  very cosmopolitan and definitely upscale.

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Trusted Contributor

@jlkz

Oh my, I guess I didn't express myself well!  I meant St. Petersburg, Russia.  What a shock to discover that no one knew anything about that stone!  I told our guide the styory about it being mined only a few months out of the year, ect.  Neither she nor any of the shop clerks knew what I was talking about.

Trusted Contributor

Green goes with everything!!!!!!!!   Look outside.....all the flowers, no matter what color, have a backdrop of green. Chrome Diopside is a very beautiful color.  Like it? Buy it! Enjoy it!!-----ted

Respected Contributor

@VegasBusinessWoman

You expressed yourself well: I jumped to the conclusion it was here in FL

Yes, it's hard to believe they didn't know about chrome diopside because it's usually described as from Russia !

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Trusted Contributor

certain blues, reds, white, black, yellow, aqua.......ivory........coral

Trusted Contributor

pink would work also.  Chocolate brown, I have never heard of that stone until I see it at Gemporia dot com and the prices are fabulous and I am not a green person but they are beautiful.  You should watch gemoria dot com and see about the beautiful green they have an outlet also just things they made too many of and not sold and they are in perfect condition no one has worn their things.  Best to you.

Respected Contributor

@windfall wrote:

I would wear chrome diopside with yellow for sure.  Also white, black, blue, pink, purple.

I've been interested in this stone for a while also.  I purchased a ring from another channel but the stone was chipped and also too dark in color so I returned.  Still hoping to find something I like.

Chrome diopside looks so pretty, and seems like maybe it could be a sub for emeralds, which are often cloudy if they're affordable and extremely expensive if they're clearer.

I hate chips in gemstones, too.  I'm picky about that stuff so would've sent it back, too.  Smiley Wink

Respected Contributor

esmeraldagooch wrote, in part: "...Mine are set in yellow gold, what do all the rest of you have for metal surrounding your chrome diopside?"

You made me look, @esmeraldagooch.  Woman Embarassed  I bought a pair of chrome diopside (Russian) earrings back in 2009 (looked that up), and have never worn them.  They are beautiful, but I just never got around to them, somehow.  Anyway, I couldn't remember so had to look for them to see what metal they are set it. Yellow gold here.

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.