Respected Contributor

Re: I look at how beautiful chrome diopside is.......but

@IamMrsG wrote:

esmeraldagooch wrote, in part: "...Mine are set in yellow gold, what do all the rest of you have for metal surrounding your chrome diopside?"

You made me look, @esmeraldagooch.  Woman Embarassed  I bought a pair of chrome diopside (Russian) earrings back in 2009 (looked that up), and have never worn them.  They are beautiful, but I just never got around to them, somehow.  Anyway, I couldn't remember so had to look for them to see what metal they are set it. Yellow gold here.

It may be because this color looks good with yellow...

Respected Contributor

esmeraldagooch wrote: It may be because this color looks good with yellow...

When you think of nature, there is no flower that does not look good with its green stem and leaves.  I took cake design classes years ago, and the instructor urged us to always add a little green, "for interest."

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Honored Contributor

Re: I look at how beautiful crome diopside is.......but

@VegasBusinessWoman wrote:

OMG, I LOVE chrome diopside!  I bought a pair of studs, a pair of small hoops and a bar necklace in that stone, and they are just beautiful!  I don't have a lot of green, but let me second the votes for white, black, various shades of brown and beige as well as gold.  They are beautiful stones, so rich in color, you don't have to be a fan of green to love them.

Interestingly, when we were in St. Petersburg about 18 months ago, I asked our guide about buying chrome diopside.  Not only had she never heard of it, no one else seems to have, either.  Big disappointment because I wanted to buy some there as a souvenir.  The shopping in that city isn't very good, I must say.

We were in St. Petersburg about 10 years ago.  My husband bought me a beautiful jewelry suite (ring, bracelet, earrings) with chrome diopside set in gold.  The shopping was excellent.  I also purchased quite a few pieces of amber (multi-color green, yellow-gold and orange-brown) set in silver.

Judith Ripka's upcoming TSV ring is offered in chrome diopside.  I received it and truthfully it does not look at all like the chrome diopside from Russia.  Mine was  a true green, where the JR ring almost looks like peridot.

Honored Contributor

My first piece of Russian Diopside was from QVC when they first brought the stone to the network.  It is in a gold setting, back when gold was cheap, and was around $200.00.  Since I've discovered Gemporia and LC I've added another 10 pieces or so, none except a bracelet was over $50.00.  Both vermeil and silver.  I also went black spinel crazy, many pieces of that also, cheap but excellent quality. 

Valued Contributor

@IamMrsG wrote:

esmeraldagooch wrote: It may be because this color looks good with yellow...

When you think of nature, there is no flower that does not look good with its green stem and leaves.  I took cake design classes years ago, and the instructor urged us to always add a little green, "for interest."

Hi everyone!  I don't think you'll find better advice than this, QualityGal!!  Woman HappyHeart

Valued Contributor

Check out Barbara Bixby Chrome Diopside on QVC.  Very good quality stones. LOVE the stone and compliments many color palets.