Respected Contributor

Scrap or not....their need to change their name and take off QVC..since they tout constantly about their ability to buy at low prices and such...Q= quality (no, not anymore) V=value (heck no) and C=convenience (a big no again).... 3 strikes u r out, hahaaa..Smiley Very Happy

(I had them remove me from their mailings as I'm done...but I still feel for the newbies or others. I'll keep quiet now.) u_u

I'm aquarius so I'm a fixer for humanity...Smiley Happy

-Do Not Copy Pls-
Respected Contributor

I had no idea 14K was about $100 per gram (for a station necklace). :-O

Honored Contributor

But 14K is just a little over half gold......a lot of money chasing little gold.

Honored Contributor

wrote:

Well made gold costs $. There are no bargains. QVC is charging the going rate for gold. We will probably never see those 90's prices again. 

@Trinity11  Q is selling gold at retail prices and calling it low, sale prices. Any of these pieces can be purchased wholesale or on sale at local dept. stores for much less.

Honored Contributor

wrote:

wrote:

Well made gold costs $. There are no bargains. QVC is charging the going rate for gold. We will probably never see those 90's prices again. 

@Trinity11  Q is selling gold at retail prices and calling it low, sale prices. Any of these pieces can be purchased wholesale or on sale at local dept. stores for much less.

@Shanus. They are sale prices for QVC. As far as purchasing wholesale, many consumers have no access to wholesale prices. Dept Store jewelry for the most part is low quality. Macy's carry a few brands but for the most part any of their diamond jewelry except solitaires is I2, K color goods. QVC is selling an identical pair of earrings that Macy's is selling and the Q is selling it for half price.

I have purchased Roberto Coin gold jewelry in Saks but it is expensive. I will always believe that the consumer isn't getting any so called bargains on well made jewelry and that comes from years of experience having worked in the industry. I also have friends who are dealers....

I guess we will need to agree to disagree.

Honored Contributor

What are Ross Simons prices like on gold? I've never purchased gold from them, but I like their jewelry.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Esteemed Contributor

well last night, I reminded myself that this is a "want" not a "need" and so I am admiring (I love gold jewelry) but not buying.

Honored Contributor

I found a large pair of white gold hoops via the "sale" and purchased them. I've been looking for 2 inch white gold hoops for awhile and what my local stores carry is....junk or WAY too small.

I wear hoops most of the time and have white gold and platinum in many sizes and styles but not a classic 2 inch polished hoop. I'm happy.

Valued Contributor

I didn't really find anything interesting. Plus I couldn't afford most of it. These aren't sale prices. JMO! 

Respected Contributor

wrote:

Not really the 90's prices.  I didn't even watch QVC until 2005, and I got a lot of great jewelry for prices nothing like today.

For the first time, I purchased nothing.

Hyacinth