Honored Contributor

GOLD RUSH LOOKS DISAPPOINTING

I’m a white metal gal...mostly silver, but can be swayed by white gold or platinum. That said, the piece of jewelry would have to be outstanding and at a reasonable price.

Going through the preview, the prices are out of line for the average buyer...especially purchasing online sight unseen. 

There are much better deals on gold jewelry at local jewelers and dept. stores as Valentine’s Day sales approach.

QVC is making a mistake not putting these items on sale and clearing out inventory so we can possibility see something other than the same assortment year after year.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: GOLD RUSH LOOKS DISAPPOINTING

I've been disappointed in all the gold jewelry ever since the price of gold went up and they came out with that Bronzo Kwrap.  Ridiculous prices in all jewelry offerings here at the Q.  

No spending for me and I'll be a "shaking my booty" saving money.

Honored Contributor

@shell garden wrote:

I've been disappointed in all the gold jewelry ever since the price of gold went up and they came out with that Bronzo Kwrap.  Ridiculous prices in all jewelry offerings here at the Q.  

@shell garden  $100 is my limit for a fun piece of trendy jewelry or costume jewelry on Q. For anything more than that, I go wholesale...always!

Honored Contributor

Different things disappointy different buyerrs.

For example, I doubt I'll ever buy another piece of any white metal unless I happen upon a super cheap piece of white msyetery metal when I happen to be browsing in a local shop.  I don't even look here or any place else online. 

I also have after years of gold shopping everything relatively inexpensive that I need or want, so I do look at the more expensive offerings that probably don't sell in huge quantities.  They probably won't sell even to me although I am in search of interesting new earrings -  but without diamonds (or DMQ)  and I'd rather have opaque stones as opposed to fine gems.  Tough order in the mass markets!

Honored Contributor

Qvc seems to be doing alright. Yes! Do agree! Price points way out of my budget and lifestyle. However! Woza! Do appreciate eye candy. There are several masterpieces to be seen. Congratulations to everyone treating themselves or significant other buying for them. Wear in good health!⚘

Honored Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

Different things disappointy different buyerrs.

For example, I doubt I'll ever buy another piece of any white metal unless I happen upon a super cheap piece of white msyetery metal when I happen to be browsing in a local shop.  I don't even look here or any place else online. 

I also have after years of gold shopping everything relatively inexpensive that I need or want, so I do look at the more expensive offerings that probably don't sell in huge quantities.  They probably won't sell even to me although I am in search of interesting new earrings -  but without diamonds (or DMQ)  and I'd rather have opaque stones as opposed to fine gems.  Tough order in the mass markets!

@millieshops  I prefer opaque stones as well, especially cabochon stones that are bezel set.

Esteemed Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@shell garden wrote:

@shell garden  $100 is my limit for a fun piece of trendy jewelry or costume jewelry on Q. For anything more than that, I go wholesale...always!

@Shanus....That is still too much $$$$ for a fun piece of trendy or costume jewelry.  You wouldn't believe some of the great sales over the years I have purchased from HSN, especially Victoria Wieck's jewelry when on sale.  The last piece I got from her was a sleeping beauty turquoise ring surrounded by tanzanite.  The retail was over $800....HSN was $499 and it went on clearance with only 2 sizes left (my size in a 6) and I got it for $148.00.  The sleeping beauty turquoise is huge....about the size of a nickle and the tanzanite stones are gorgeous.

I have been collecting gemstone jewelry every since the late 70's, so I know about my gemstones and what good deals are.  

I hope you find something you want, but I'd rather put my $$$$$ into gemstones/gold/silver/platinum pieces than costume/fashion designs.  AND, only at reasonable/unbelievable prices which I have been fortunate over the years to obtain.

Honored Contributor

I find the best prices on gold, platinum and silver is your local pawn shops.  You would be surprised at some of the beautiful pieces you can find and inventory changes often.  Good prices too.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

@shell garden wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@shell garden wrote:

@Shanus....That is still too much $$$$ for a fun piece of trendy or costume jewelry.  You wouldn't believe some of the great sales over the years I have purchased from HSN, especially Victoria Wieck's jewelry when on sale.  The last piece I got from her was a sleeping beauty turquoise ring surrounded by tanzanite.  The retail was over $800....HSN was $499 and it went on clearance with only 2 sizes left (my size in a 6) and I got it for $148.00.  The sleeping beauty turquoise is huge....about the size of a nickle and the tanzanite stones are gorgeous.

I have been collecting gemstone jewelry every since the late 70's, so I know about my gemstones and what good deals are.  

I hope you find something you want, but I'd rather put my $$$$$ into gemstones/gold/silver/platinum pieces than costume/fashion designs.  AND, only at reasonable/unbelievable prices which I have been fortunate over the years to obtain.

@shell garden I set my price at $100 because anything too much over, I can make myself. Many times for that price a piece of jewelry will a stone or a few that I admire. I remove them, make something else and melt down the metal.

Love anything turquoise and have collected stones for many years. Loose stones are more often better priced than ones already set. I also don’t watch HSN too much. Maybe I should check it out on your recommendation.

Honored Contributor

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

I find the best prices on gold, platinum and silver is your local pawn shops.  You would be surprised at some of the beautiful pieces you can find and inventory changes often.  Good prices too. 

True! However personally would never buy pre-owned item. Unless knowing previous owner. No bad juju thank you very much. Family heirlooms close to my heart safe keeping vault.