Respected Contributor

Come on QVC.....stop, just stop. You're taking full advantage of your customers/people. Geez louise almighty. How sad.

GOLD COST 14k LOW.jpg

-Do Not Copy Pls-
Esteemed Contributor

With the buying power of Q it's a shame...........

Super Contributor

Remember when we could afford to buy 14k jewelry?  I miss those days.

I won't spend my money on overpriced gold. 

Regular Contributor

We Miss The Quality Gold QVC Used To Carry:(

QVC stopped carrying quality gold items some time ago. Most of their jewelry now looks cheap or gaudy. Items are hollow or light weight, and the few pieces that are solid and have gram weight are priced rediculously high. QVC quit trying to act like you all are still giving customers quality gold at competive prices. Customers know the difference. Look at the average customer ratings for your gold and gem jewelry. Affinity, and other higher end gold and gem brands have not been getting good reviews for some time, and yet you continue to sell only their products. Wake up! The majority of jewelry buying customers aren’t happy.

Honored Contributor

Those are scrap prices and not even Q can buy gold for that.    Gold is currently selling for $1355.30 an ounce.  I'm sure Q gets it much cheaper but certainly not at scrap prices.  Plus they also have to pay for a jeweler's labor and costs as well as shipping, storing, staffing, fulfillment of orders, etc etc.  

That said, Q's gold prices are way too high compared to many retailers.  Check out sarrafdotcom if you want better gold, great customer service, and lower prices.

Honored Contributor

ITA!  these prices are insane.  The tri color Imperial gold necklace for $1800!  It isn't even made as well as when they had it on years ago.  

Respected Contributor

I treated myself to the mirror bar bracelet for Christmas. Got it for $37 a gr from the bay. Brand new. Still much higher than pre ‘08 prices. But cheaper than sale prices listed here. 

Super Contributor

Not sure why saraff.com  is mentioned here. I ordered ahead of time, specified the date I need to receive the item. This website did not bother to respond or acknowledge anything. I returned the package because it arrived waaayyy after the specified date. I can't say anything about the quality, but the customer service sucked to me.

Super Contributor

Another thing, when you look at bracelet, it looks like 1 gr cost around 50 dollars. If you go to any jewelry store, you will have very hard time finidng anything at this price point. Most jewelry stores charge at least 100 dollars per gram. And they don't even have gram weight in the beginning when you ask about it.

Honored Contributor

Well made gold costs $. There are no bargains. QVC is charging the going rate for gold. We will probably never see those 90's prices again.