Honored Contributor

Re: White/Blue Interior Design Help Requested

[ Edited ]

Found one more by @stevieb and a few from @liliblu - although the cabinets are mostly blue in these photos, I think sticking with a softer white for cabinets would be best. Really like the statement made with the tile behind the stove. Want to do something like that. 

NOW I am excited! Thanks to all for your input.

Blue kitchen1.jpg

Blue kitchen2.jpg

Blue kitchen3.jpg

Blue kitchen4.jpg

Blue kitchen5.jpg

Blue Kitchen6.png

Valued Contributor

I found a couple of pictures with white cabinets and blue tile backsplash.

white kitchen blue tile.jpgwhite kitchen blue chevron tile.jpg

Honored Contributor

@World Traveler 

Here is a new one that I just found.

May be an image of furniture and living room

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono  Thanks! There is a whole lot of things going on in that photo. Can't figure out what the wall on the right is made up of. At first I thought it was bottles, but these are shorter.....cups? Or just wood figures?

Like the door. Different.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@debfau Oh, those are nice too. Thanks! Seems to be a nice combination of the off white and blue.

Valued Contributor

I have white cabinets & a blue quartz countertop. Silvertone handles on cabinets. My backsplash is gray tile with a stripe of shimmery mother of pearl & shades of blue smaller tiles. Gutted kitchen & rebuilt from scratch in late 2019. So I'm partial to a blue & white kitchen!!😁 Whatever you pick will be fabulous I'm sure!
Honored Contributor

@sometimesQVCaddict Do you feel comfortable sharing a photo of your kitchen? If not, that's okay. Just wanted to encourage to if you felt like it. Heart

So glad you like it. I love quartz, which is the countertop I have used in my last two bathroom remodels, so I am sure I will do that in the kitchen. I'm partial to oil-rubbed bronze fixtures, but definitely feel if I am going with the white cabinets and blue accents, the silvertone handles would look much better.

Valued Contributor

Sorry I don't feel comfortable posting personal pics, but the countertop quartz I have is "Parys". I remember the unusual name!

I don't have off the top of my head the backsplash names. The backsplash goes from the counter to the underside of the cabinets & above the stove to the hood/microwave. I have gray stone texture subway type tiles and the mother of pearl blue shimmer tiles are super tiny rectangles that came in single strips. I have 4 strips together. My cabinets were custom built by a VERY well known cabinet maker in my area (the price for quality is WELL worth it to me & actually ended up not too much more than cheaper alternatives relatively speaking).

I chose silvertone fixtures because my appliances are stainless & I'm more partial to silver & not a fan of yellow gold. Oil rubbed bronze sounds like a good choice too! I have light to medium gray painted walls. And a gray variegated laminate floor. I'm still obsessed with it! Lol
Valued Contributor

I got 2 pieces of the slab of quartz left over.( I asked since technically I was paying for the whole slab I wanted any salvageable pieces)🤣🤣. I've thought about using one piece in a future bathroom remodel as either a top to a sink/cabinet base or in a shower?!
Valued Contributor

Oh & just a suggestion but get your electrical outlets & covers in a color that matches your backsplash!!! My tile installer recommended this & had my handyman install when tilework was done. It elevates the finished look a million percent & really makes it look like a million dollar kitchen on a not so million dollar budget! I got gray covers & outlets at Home Depot that color matched the gray larger tiles that are 80% of my backsplash, but sure you could find blue somewhere if you go in that direction. Never would have thought of this! I was just going to do white outlets to match cabinets originally.