Respected Contributor

@jubilant 

We had wallpaper as an accent wall in our livingroom & finally decided to replace with paint.  Also an accent wall in the bedroom which we also plan to paint instead.

This particular pattern has a soft, very pretty pattern.  I still like some patterns but probably wouldn't do it again personally.  It's so difficult to remove.

Honored Contributor

@sceniccoast wrote:

@jubilant 

We had wallpaper as an accent wall in our livingroom & finally decided to replace with paint.  Also an accent wall in the bedroom which we also plan to paint instead.

This particular pattern has a soft, very pretty pattern.  I still like some patterns but probably wouldn't do it again personally.  It's so difficult to remove.

@sceniccoast   We are at the place in life where we would have to hire it done. I haven't priced what hiring someone to remove the old and put on the new would cost.  From what others have said here..... it's quite expensive.  I'm not willing to pay an arm and a leg for one bathroom!!  I liked this pattern, too. I tend to like a lot of Joanna's decor that she sells on their Magnolia website.

Esteemed Contributor

Same as CandleQueen. Removal process would have to improve greatly.  

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Respected Contributor

I like the look of wallpaper in a limited way if the house is an old, vintage building.   

In anything built after 1950, I would want painted walls.  

I have had wallpaper a few times in the past, and tired of it too quickly to make it practical for myself.

Honored Contributor

I’ve never really been a wallpaper person. We did not have it anywhere in my childhood home, although I saw lots of it in the houses of relatives & friends. 

When we moved into our current home there was wallpaper in every room. I spent years going through &  removing wallpaper & then painting. It was a lot of work! They had wallpapered over other wallpaper in a few instances! Some walls were damaged in the process & needed work before painting. 

I just don’t think I’d ever use it. I’m not a person who changes my home for trends anyway. 

Respected Contributor

@jubilant Wallpaper may be coming back, but not to my house.  I purchased a house with some on one wall and I swore there would never be anymore.  It was a major challenge to get it off and what did they find appealing about sponge paint?

Respected Contributor

For me, wallpaper never went away.  I have alot of wallpaper in my house and I love it.  I do not get tired of as it is beautiful and goes with my style of decor.  Evidently it is not that hard to remove if you do it right.  I have never removed it myself but have watched the pros take the old down and put the new up.  Went well and quickly.  The walls should be prepped - maybe that is the issue with hard to remove wallpaper.

My aunt had a large victorian home and she was always changing wallpaper.  She did it herself (she was someone who could do anything, just like my mother - I obviously take after my Dad's side of the family!)  She lived near a wallpaper outlet so the cost was not that expensive for her.  I have ordered wallpaper from that outlet in the past and it was a lot less expensive than retail outlets now, so I probably won''t be changing a lot, but that is OK as I love what is now on my walls.

Honored Contributor

Not in my world.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Regular Contributor

I grew up with wallpaper in the 50's & 60's and still love it.  When we were first married, I wallpapered a small dining room, proudly.  When we bought a condo with the half bathroom wallpapered, we attempted to remove the existing wallpaper.  Wow, what a nightmare!  Due to life circumstances, those walls are still a mess!  Now a disabled widow, I will live with it till I hit Lotto.  Recommendation.....hire a pro unless you are very skilled or have a great deal of patience!  Otherwise, paint is a relatively inexpensive way to change your rooms' looks.

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it contains a link.