Honored Contributor

Yes!   Muted damask or baroque patterns with a muted metallic background.

I guess I've been watching a lot of '60 Minute Makeover' episodes (DABL TV).   All in the UK.

Wallpaper has been very popular over there.

Especially the slightly silver (muted) background types.  

I'm not crazy about very strong, bright prints, though. 

Well, maybe in a small section for a 'pop'.  No bright reds or purples for me. 

Anyway, everyone enjoy the return of wallpaper.  There are many, many patterns to choose from out there. 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Respected Contributor

Not for me, ever againWoman Mad.

Respected Contributor

My hubby is such a keeper. He acutually papered a ceiling for my. It was a small bathroom and I loved it!

Honored Contributor

Grass cloth.  Never anything else again but grass cloth I would love again.  I sold my last 2 houses with grass cloth.  Realtor told me to take it down.  Both buyers were crazy about it.

Esteemed Contributor

I find it a bit hard to believe that wallpaper is back. The younger generation seems to like clean lines with minimal decor features, and that would IMO seem to exclude wallpaper. People in their 60s and 70s have done the wallpaper and understand what is all involved with hanging it and removing it! I'm sure there are a few people who like it and use it in their homes, but I believe they would be in the minority.

I've hung a lot of wallpaper in my homes over the years, but not since the 90s. And while I still love the look of some of the beautiful prints, I just wouldn't do it again, and I don't know anyone else who would either.

Respected Contributor

Re: Wallpaper Is Back

[ Edited ]

I removed it by myself from 9 rooms in my previous house. It was awful, painstaking work. Needless to say, Wallpaper is a never ever do for me!  I must admit that room is pretty but The thing is, in 5 yrs or less, you are sick of the pattern or it is dated... 

Respected Contributor

I had wall paper in my master bathroom and replaced it about 15 years ago when I redecorated. All of the other walls in my home are painted.

Now, I need to have a remodel done. I will most likely replace the wallpaper when I do take this step.

Honored Contributor

For the last few years, I've enjoyed (in a limited way) some of the wallpaper ideas that have been floated.  But for myself, I don't care for it.  The only place I'd use it would be in a tiny, jewel-like powder room, that would be like a little surprise when you went in...

Except for grasscloth, @Nonametoday !   Like you, I have a weakness for that, although I've never had any.  It's a time-honored, subtle classic, never "busy", and can give a tailored, elegant, slightly textured look to a room.

Esteemed Contributor

I like to watch a show on HGTV called Home Town. I have noticed them having to remove it from several homes and it looks tedious and painful. 

I will pass on the look in my home.

Honored Contributor

Re: Wallpaper Is Back

[ Edited ]

@Oznell 

Yes, powder rooms are the perfect place for a posh wallpaper or a surprises inside paper.

I do like grass cloth.  My home now does not have an area which grass cloth would look good.  My two former houses did and I did the foyer walls in grass cloth and the floors of marble with a large pretty mirror, pretty dining room with wainscoting and grass cloth (same as foyer) above it.  The DR could be seen from the foyer so it was a perfect combination.  My house now is less formaish so that's good for me at my age.  I don't need the work.

I liked that look so much that I duplicated it in my next home although changed the color of the grass cloth from a strawish color to a color with a cinnamon thread running through it.