Esteemed Contributor

Re: The Round Dining Room Table

I love this table, and chair set. I really love the contrast of dark and lighter wood. I would buy this for my home.

Honored Contributor

Round tables make great game tables. Poker anyone?

Respected Contributor

Here are a couple of alternative supports other than legs for round tables.

image.png

image.png

image.png

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I like round tables, but in my current home, oblongs and rectangular just work and fit better. I don't particularly care for any of the round tables posted on this thread. 

Frequent Contributor

I love round dining tables...we have a rectangle now, but my mother had an antique dark oak pedestal table with a leaf.  Kicking myself now for selling it.  😢

Valued Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

Not as popular as the oblong or square  dining table but just as nice.  Sometimes you need a change.  This table would probably seat six but for photos they even leave out the 4th chair.

Apex White Oak Round Dining Table (Open Larger View)

I'm looking for a round dining room table.  The couple I have found cost more than I'm willing to pay.  But I love the look of a round table in a dining room.

Honored Contributor

I'm not a fan of that style of table and chairs but a round dining table is fine with me if it is my taste.  I do love the spacious room and the wall color!!!!!

Honored Contributor

I love the look of a round table.  The problem is you can only go so big before you can't reach the center of the table.  It's so much easier to talk to everyone when seated at a round table.

Trusted Contributor

What do you call a table that looks like a buffet but 2 doors open to reveal several leafs and more storage for linens.You pull out the front legs and this can seat 8-9 people. You would never guess it is table first looking at it.

It is old,cherry wood and sure has been handy over the years.

A murphy table???

Honored Contributor

I have a solid oak 48" round table that has a 24" insert to make it pretty darn big--I bought it in 1976 --it is a claw and ball pedestal golden oak much like the old antique ball and claw tables--think I paid $750 for it--a chunk of change back then. the thing is HEAVY too----and I still love it----the table top comes off so there are 2 pieces to move more easily plus the extension. Was very much into antique anything back them--new or old--not so much anymore.