Honored Contributor

Not as popular as the oblong or square  dining table but just as nice.  Sometimes you need a change.  This table would probably seat six but for photos they even leave out the 4th chair.

Apex White Oak Round Dining Table (Open Larger View)

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

Re: The Round Dining Room Table

The issue with round tables is 4 legs to place seats around unless the table has a pedistal.

Square and rectangle dining room tables are more popular because they are the most efficient use of space and at seating.

Honored Contributor

@ECBG   What you say is true but sometimes the little woman wants a change  It may be a nice change when you retire and size down.  The round tables with a pedestal are very nice.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

@ECBG   What you say is true but sometimes the little woman wants a change  It may be a nice change when you retire and size down.  The round tables with a pedestal are very nice.

@Katcat1 

Totally agree!  Different tastes for different folks!Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@Katcat1 My dining table is currently round with a pedestal underneath.  It is good for just two people but I also have the "insert" that converts it into an oval when more seating area is required.  For whatever reason this particular one lacks something.

Honored Contributor

@Boomernichols    I chose this table to point out a round dining table.  I would not purchase it; however, I lean toward comfortable, clean lines in furniture and sofas you can sink in with slipcovers in off white.  I am a Pottery Barn gal and this photo is from Crate & Barrel and their furniture is more modern which I do not lean toward.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

If you want a round table, Ethan Allen has some really pretty ones, and many with a leaf to lengthen into a larger oval table.

Honored Contributor

I have no problem with round dining tables and in fact sometimes prefer a round silhouette. Unfortunately, in this case, not so much. This looks more like not so nice office furniture that's been repurposed.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

My dining room table is oblong but for the kitchen eating area I wanted something different. So I got hexagonal. I think it has an advantage over round because the seating is well defined. If I want to seat more than four there is a leaf and I can seat six comfortably.

Esteemed Contributor

Both my kitchen and DR tables are round.

Great for saving space. My DR pedestal table has one large leaf and can seat up to 7. I purchased it new in 2007; can't recall the brand- Lexington or Hooker maybe? 

The kitchen table is vintage Drexel Heritage mahogany, made in NC and has 2 drop leaves, making it a small "squoval" at it's smallest. It also has 4 leaves,. I have never used more than one leaf, but I imagine the table could seat between 2 and 8. Very flexible! A lucky score at ReStore.