Honored Contributor

Re: Take On A Victorian Style Kitchen

I like this. There is enough light from the windows, and enough white to offset the darkness of the black. In my opinion, black and white never go out of style. I think this kitchen would stand the test of time for quite awhile.

Respected Contributor

@jubilant 

Mostly, I don't care for Victorian homes/style as the details are too ornate for my taste.

However, this kitchen isn't too bad.  I don't mind a mix of white/black cabinets but this is way too much black.  Also, the back-to-back island & seating area so close together makes it cluttered looking.  I'd also change out the ceiling light & the pedastal on the table would be better if it were smaller.  I do like the subway tile, the wall of windows & the floor.

Thanks for sharing.

Honored Contributor

I like the black cabinets, stainless steel, and those gorgeous windows.  But that dining table is an odd choice, the subway tile is a tired trend, and the whole layout of the kitchen seems forced.  That floor -- I loathe that color and sheen (or perhaps that's just the lighting), and it's a total distraction from the rest of the kitchen design.