Esteemed Contributor

Re: Take On A Victorian Style Kitchen

I don't care for it, but would like to see the whole kitchen.  Where is the sink?  No black cabinets or stainless steel for me.  Don't care for the banquette.  They are very uncomfortable with the straight backs.  The whole seating area doesn't seem to belong.  Table is too bulky.  Pantry door and motif don't seem to belong.

Wow, I guess I tore that apart.........sorry!!

Honored Contributor

So first, not Victorian. Other than the tiresome, overdone, white subway tile backsplash and the banquette, which is not a feature I often care for anyway, I like most all of the elements in this kitchen, I'm just not sure I like the way they're combined. I like the black cabinets and chairs but the contrast with all that stark white is too glaring. The counters and floors are quite pretty.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I do not see victorian style here, I see contemporary mixed with traditional and do not like the black against white...I don't recall seeing much black in victorian style, design or furnishings.  Since limited area is shown for this kitchen, do not like what is featured!

Esteemed Contributor

Love love love the black cabinetry.   I'd use something with more pizzazz for the backsplash and tile over the stove.  The pantry door is more suited for a modern farmhouse kitchen so I'd change that out too.  Did I mention I LOVE the black cabinets?  LOL!

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

I think it's very well done. I like the cabinets and could easily live with this pretty kitchen.
Honored Contributor

I like it (minus rooster and tile back splash), especially the lines on the dining chairs.

Honored Contributor

I don't care for banquettes, so that feature is a no. I would prefer to see the subway tiles grouted in a white shade. Other than that I like the kitchen (which really doesn't look Victorian to me.)

Honored Contributor

I think it is pretty and very well done, and there is enough white to offset the black! I like it!

Honored Contributor

I like it, but the chairs seem to large for the scale of the table. Maybe it is just me. 

Honored Contributor

Nothing in this kitchen appeals to me.