Honored Contributor

Re: Replacing screen in windows...

Thank you for all the replies...we do have a Ace Hardware and Tru value in the area...maybe they can change out the screen..I will check them out.

I really appreciate the advice.

Esteemed Contributor

We have been in our home for 15 years and have been trying every avenue to get  new screens and frames for two years.  Our windows are large and every window in the house is a slightly different size.  This year we decided to bite the bullet and replace most of our windows with high grade custom windows and screens.  We are doing this over two years as its about $25,000 but it will eliminate hot spots and these have screens and also have a solar feature.  We don't have a mortgage but I'm betting that in next 5-10 years we'll upgrade our roof as well.  It never ends!

Honored Contributor

At least you can make changes on your own time line @patbz . One negative thing I've read about condo ownership is that they tell you what is being done, whether you think it's time for a change or not

Honored Contributor

@patbz   You are right, it never ends...this summer large landscape project and a new roof is on our horizon.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

@World Traveler    Thank you for the reply...I knew I was not dreaming. Next step will be to look for a window company.

There's a man in my area who makes screens (all sizes) from the back of his pickup truck. He's very reasonable and has been doing this for over 30 years. Maybe there's someone in ur area who does this type of work. Check out Yelp.