Honored Contributor

Alexandra Rae is the designer, and although the structure is new, it has a pleasantly "established" feeling.  She said that when working on the house, they used the imaginative device of pretending it was an old cottage, that had been added onto over the years.

Delightful entrance, dramatic and with classic white and black marble floor.

Alexandra-Rae-Gracie-wallpaper-orange-red-antique-french-console-chest-marble-top-entry-grasscloth.jpeg

alexandra-rae-gracie-wallpaper-black-white-marble-entry-foyer.jpeg

family-room-persian-oriental-rug-blue-white-stripes-traditional-family-room.jpeg

The wainscoting, the blue grasscloth above it, the charming paintings--  they make me think of a New England house.

alexandra-rae-blue-grasscloth-wallpaper-family-room.jpeg

Despite the white, the kitchen feels 'warm' to me.  Blue and white tile lends freshness, and it's one pattern of which I'd never tire.

blue-and-white-tile-backsplash-kitchen-classic-alexandra-rae.jpeg

The angled fireplace is a nice touch in the breakfast room.

alexandra-rae-farmhouse-antique-french-table-chairs-breakfast-room-chintz-curtains.jpeg

And the sittting room off of it, has my favorite color combo, blue with green.

alexandra-rae-family-room-floral-chintz.jpeg

Cozy library.

alexandra-rae-blue-library-study.jpeg

Here, I like the soothing greens, and the recessed arch of the bed alcove.

soft-serene-bedroom-seafoam-paint-chintz-vintage-murano-lamp-nightstand.jpeg

classic-traditional-dream-bathroom-alexandra-rae-marble-blue-green-cabinets.jpeg

A powder room like this one, is the one place where I like a wall paper, especially a cheery one like this.

alexandra-rae-powder-room.jpeg

Casual, pretty dining area.

alexandra-rae-dining.jpeg

But this small sun room, off of the dining area, might be my favorite space.  I like the way there are lots of choices in the house for comfortable perching or sprawling!

blue-white-buffalo-check-print-french-chairs-curtains-sunroom.jpeg

By the strategic use of color, natural light, antiques, architectural features  and art, I feel they made a home for very comfortable living.

Trusted Contributor

Re: NEW-ISH CALIFORNIA HOUSE

I love it.  All the elements work together and that style is what I like.  I'm not much of a blue color person but it's stunning in this house. 

Respected Contributor

Love that arched bed alcove with the cream-colored trim and sage-y green paint on the planked wall.  I think I spy a sliver of floor-to-ceiling shelving on the far right --  I can easily imagine books, framed photos, and a flameless candle or two in that cozy spot.

Honored Contributor

Beautiful - I will move right in!

Honored Contributor

I love this!

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@Oznell Beautiful!

Honored Contributor

This is a stunning home and has much appeal.  I love the furnishings, the blue theme throughout, the curtains, all the decor, the artwork, just beautiful!!!!!!  I could easily move into this home without changing anything!!!!!!  It's warmth and comfort draws me in,

what a gem!!!!!!!

The painting of the snow scene on the blue grasscloth caught my eye immediately.  I love art work with seasonal scenes, fall and winter being my favorites.   I would love that painting!!!!!!! The coral and white wall paper in the entry way is welcoming and and a lovely contrast to the blue.

Esteemed Contributor

I can't explain exactly why but I don't like the vibe of this house.  I am not a student of design but I know what I like and feel when looking at home decor. Maybe because I'd rather look at homes decorated with love by the owners rather than some designers showplaces.  Not to say I don't pick up some tips and ideas.  But I do like seeing designers own homes.  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

So much to love. Reminds me of  my Nana's home

Valued Contributor

When I saw the first picture of the foyer with the orange wallpaper I wasn't sure if I would like this home or not ...  it was a toss up.  But after seeing all of it, it is  P E R F E C T !!  Wrap it up ...  I'm taking it home !!!