Esteemed Contributor

Re: NEW-ISH CALIFORNIA HOUSE

Love this house.  I think the only things I would change are the wallpapers in the entry and powder room and all the dark walls in the library.  Maybe just an accent wall would be enough.

Honored Contributor

Much of this home I really really like. Scrolled through all of these pics and WHAT???? that wallpaper in the bath is the EXACT print in the shower curtain I curently have hanging in my bathroom right now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  That is amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Perhaps this designer saw this or has it and someone created wallpaper to match it!!!  I LOVE it!!!! I'm not fond of the printed ceiling in there though.

Love the colors in the kitchen, love the teal in the library, love the soft sage in the bedroom (don't like the ceiling though).

Yeah, overall I LIKE this place!

Honored Contributor

I had a hard time putting a finger on why, despite finding almost all the elements here very appealing, the gestalt of most rooms simply didn't resonate with me. I finally figured out that while I admire most of the contents of this house, in many instances, I don't care for the way the decorator has combined them. Also interesting that from the perspective of someone who doesn't tend to find edited rooms the be all and end all of design, I think some of these spaces would benefit from an edit or two.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

I really like this house, with a few exceptions, but they are all cosmetic of course!

I really dislike the entry way wallpaper-too much!

I dislike the rug in the Living Room

Love the Kitchen and Love the Sitting Room

Bath is gorgeous!

Also love the Sunroom!!!

The library is  bit dark, but could live with it.

All in all a gorgeous home!

Honored Contributor

@PINKdogWOOD wrote:

Much of this home I really really like. Scrolled through all of these pics and WHAT???? that wallpaper in the bath is the EXACT print in the shower curtain I curently have hanging in my bathroom right now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  That is amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Perhaps this designer saw this or has it and someone created wallpaper to match it!!!  I LOVE it!!!! I'm not fond of the printed ceiling in there though.

Love the colors in the kitchen, love the teal in the library, love the soft sage in the bedroom (don't like the ceiling though).

Yeah, overall I LIKE this place!

Well, that settles it then. You've simply GOT to get the wallpaper!!!!!Woman LOL

Esteemed Contributor

A small point, really, but the black and white marble floor in the entry brought up memories of my mom’s cousin’s home.

The entry was larger than this house, but it made such an elegant impression.  

Honored Contributor

LOVE IT except the ugly chairs around the round table.  They are ugly and look very uncomfortable. 

I love all the wallpaper and blue and white and cream! 

Respected Contributor

@Oznell Thanks for sharing this lovely home.  When will it be available for me to move in?

Trusted Contributor

It is a very nicely decorated home. I do like almost all of it.. Only a few things I'd want to switch out, the red rugs, a few lamps, some pillows. so I am nitpicking.

I love the blues and greens. Love the kitchen, bathroom, bedroom, really all the rooms are comfortably wonderful.

~love hard~~play hard~~be kind~~~life is short~
Honored Contributor

I do like the house but would change a few things.

The entry wallpaper is definitely not for me. The entry going into  the area under the steps has no flow and a disconnect. The 2 chairs look like a Waiting Room and the rug doesn't compliment the entry room.

I would change the rug in the Living room to a lighter color.

The shade of blue paint in the Library is too dark and the wallpaper in the Powder Room is something I am afraid I would tire of quickly.

All cosmetic things that could be changed easily.