Honored Contributor

@Pecky wrote:

@panda1234 wrote:

@CJC wrote:

I’m worried my Pier 1 will close due to a new Home Goods store opening next month right across the street. I love both stores.  We downsized 2 years ago, and my coffee table and foyer console came from Pier 1, along with small decor items. Most of my rugs, linens and bathroom items came from Home Goods.

@CJC  I think Kirkland has hurt them. I get emails daily from Kirkland with some sort of sale (30% off) or coupons. Pier 1 does have occasional sales that are poor, 15% off.

Pier 1 is now having 25% everything even sale and clearance which never happens.

Yes. They've been doing that a lot this year. I believe all of their summer items (not certain what all that includes) are 50% off or they were when I was there recently.

Honored Contributor

I saw yesterday that Z Gallerie is closing some stores. 

Respected Contributor

I had not heard that - sorry to hear it now.  The Pier One near me is on the same strip of stores that has a Dress Barn that will be closing.  In my city, builders continue to build strip malls but so many of the existing ones have many empty storefronts.  

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Maybe if they'd take a long, hard look at most of their pricing they'd be doing better. I used to love the store, shopped their often but have pretty much stopped going other than very occasionally. 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

@colliemom4  I can understand why they are not doing well.  They really raised their prices.  I use to shop with them 15 - 20 years ago and prices were reasonable but now they think they are Pottery Barn and their furniture is far from PB.  I now go in for a particular product on sale during the Christmas holidays and that is it.

Agree. They price their furniture as if it was solid quality construction and while some of it is, a lot of it isn't.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

The one here doesn't seem to do well.  I have ordered online.  Don't visit the store too often even though it is close by.    Don't really need new decor at this point.