Honored Contributor

ok, I don't hate it, but I too really like things centered, so it would bother me to the point, I would probably have to have it centered! lol....... 

Respected Contributor

The picture being off-center does not bother me but the fact the shelves and the other verticle piece are all on one side of the room looks off-balanced.  The lamp on the left does not carry enough weight to balance the wall.

Honored Contributor

Pictures,prints,etc should be hung at eye level.

Honored Contributor

I like it but would put a narrow table behind the couch with a few small/medium height accessories.

Honored Contributor

I prefer the picture be centered over the sofa, but I agree with @Bri369 it really needs a large rectangular picture, or maybe a few smaller pictures hung over it in a row. I don’t really like anything in this room. 

Honored Contributor

Regarding the height of the picture.  I would agree in an average ceilinged room the picture would be too high.  I suspect this is a very tall room, and I suspect that picture is not square, but rather a vertical rectangle positioned to emphasize the height of the wall.

I could be wrong, but it is the assumption on which my liking it is based.

Esteemed Contributor

Absolutely not......the shape of the picture is fine but for me, it would have to be in the center.   Symmetry is beauty, IMO.

Honored Contributor

When it comes to things being even, symmetrical and straight I have a bit of an OCD problem.

I'm thinking that because I don't really hate the placement it's because I like the picture itself.

Trusted Contributor

Picture placement is the last thing I would be concerned about.  That room is drab and uninviting.....

Honored Contributor

well????  i can see it maybe if the couch was pulled out from the wall and a tall ladder type bookcase was tucked in that open space or even moving that light there------it needs to be filled in with something----