Honored Contributor

Oreck Airvantage Air Purifier Question

[ Edited ]

I received two of the air purifiers that were recently on QVC. Does anyone know if it is advisable to have the units on continuously, just to maintain a clean-air home? The unit has a 2-hour, 4-hour, and 8-hour selection if you want it on a timer. Otherwise it can run continuously. I was just wondering if any of you have the same/similar unit and if you find it is best to just let it run continuously on low speed to ensure your home gets and remains clean. The presentation did not cover that concern, nor does the owner's manual. Thanks for any information you might be able to provide about this. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Re: Oreck Airvantage Air Purifier Question

[ Edited ]

One of the things I look for in an air filter is how large a room it cleans and how often it cleans the room per hour. I could find none of this information for the Oreck Airvantage. (I just watched the presentation and the Orek rep avoided the question by saying "I will purify any size space, is the quick answer.") The box might say, but the manual did not.

Without that information and the size of the space you have it in, it's hard to answer your question. I would run it on high for several days and consider then dropping it to another speed. I've has air filters for years. The one in my bedroom runs continuously on low because it cleans the air well for a bedroom on low. If I open the windows at all, I turn the air filter up to high after the window is closed again. The filter in the living area runs on high because it's a much larger area to clean.

Honored Contributor

Re: Oreck Airvantage Air Purifier Question

Oh, thanks for the information! What you said makes sense. I will put them on high to start with, for about a week and then turn it down a notch or two and see what happens. Smiley Happy