Regular Contributor

Why do you do the Q?

[ Edited ]

Why do you purchase home decor from the Q?  

Price? Quality? Unique Items?  The decorating advice?

Is Q still a good value for home decor?

~Curious Quack

Honored Contributor

@Quackeroo wrote:

Why do you purchase home decor from the Q?  

Price? Quality? Unique Items?  The decorating advice?

Is Q still a good value for home decor?

~Curious Quack

Hi Quack, For me, it's all of what you mentioned. I think the top reason for me is getting unique items I really can't find elsewhere.

For example, those frosted finials...and the VPH mosaic pearl tree...neither are available elsewhere.

Another reason is that it is very hard to find battery operated decor with timers elsewhere...another benefit for shopping the Q.

Of coarse I get a lot of decor locally at HL, Michael's, Pier One, etc...even made 2 dried flower arrangements myself from supplies from HL.

I find the price is also pretty reasonable most of the time. There are also certain brands I prefer over others. I really like VPH and Luminara. I miss LR and Linda Dano decor. And decor shows I watch and sill have yet to make purchases from are YHJ and ED...just my tastes in decor I guess.

What about you? Smiley Happy

Frequent Contributor

For Quality, Value, Convenience?

~ It's a good day when I didn't have to unleash the flying monkeys! ~
Trusted Contributor

One of my professor's favorite replies was this:

What do YOU think?

Honored Contributor

I like the convenience of looking at a lot of variety without having to run around looking for a parking space and going from store to store and still not finding anything that I'm interested in. I do enjoy finding a lot of unique decor that I haven't seen in our local stores and it just seems easier to plan your decor for the season when you can sit in your own home and choose and shop from the computer.  I also shop at other online stores but I think QVC is probably my favorite since I've shopped here about twenty years.

Honored Contributor

My response is probably a little different.  I love to watch the home decor shows, but for the most part, I don't end up buying too much.  The best part for me is that QVC gives me ideas of what I want to do (or not do) with my own decor, and I then can go out and find it elsewhere.  The times I do purchase decor from the Q (flameless candles, some seasonal items, etc.) it's because I do feel the presented items are a good value and exactly what I want., but it hasn't been often. 

Trusted Contributor

It's the uniqueness of the products.  I've only ever purchased 2 items outside of Home Decor from QVC, because I believe that most of the products that I need for my everyday life can be purchased either locally or on Amazon or Ebay at a much better price.  I do find that a lot of similar products to QVC's home decor offerings can be found locally as well, but the light up items with timers are special to QVC.  I just looked at my order history, and all but 4 items that I've purchased in the past 2 years have been lit items with timers.  

Respected Contributor

I have my DM to thank for getting me started shopping QVC many years ago.   My primary reason is I simply do not have any time to puruse malls, stores, etc.  My job is very demanding & it truly is a "quality of life" reason for me.  I have been a VPH advocate, love Home Reflections, JS, CI & Luminara to name a few.  Lastly, I enjoy the commoradary with all my forum friends, sharing ideas & finds.  The EP is a huge plus for my purchasing needs; spreading out interest-free payments is fabulous!   The Q's customer service is also the best.  They have taken very good care of me!  

Honored Contributor

For me, it's the on air presentations, that then can be watched over and over again to really see the product in action.

I peruse other web sites, but really, I don't like buying from just a picture on a website. I can't really get a feel of the quality, size, craftsmanship or features.

A good host and vendor show us the product inside out, people have a chance to ask questions, alternate uses for products are offered up, and in general, you get a really good 'look' at the product before ordering.

Also, their return policy, I love. If it is damaged, defective, absolutely no cost to me to return. If I don't like it, I now have to pay for both shipping's, which makes me think longer and buy fewer things, but I love the easy pack up and label to make returning simple. Some companies have no returns (Zulily) and others I hesitate to try a return as I've had problems with other companies in the past.