Contributor

I first gave this 5 star review and since that, the pump stopped working, follow directions on cleaning etc. Only had for like 2 months..I gave up on their items sometime ago because of the battery pack, large and took too many batteries with not a good life time on them..but since this came with the option of plugging in, jumped on..OK NOW I AM DONE...Will never order their items..so sad because they do offer different things that I love..but nope, won't be sucked in again.

Honored Contributor

Re: Bethlehem fountain light

Since it's not too far after the return period, I'd call customer service and ask about returning it.

Honored Contributor

I almost always have a fountain going somewhere in or out of my house.  I buy pumps online usually on eBay because one is always going out.  I have no idea what size the one in that candle is but probably the very smallest one would work.  I think they're made not to last long.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

I've read a lot of negative reviews about the Aquaflame candle motors going bad.  I guess I'm in the lucky group.  I've had two of the scalloped edge ones in white for a year and a half, and I only use distilled water in them and clean them by pouring in lots of vinegar, letting them sit for a couple hours, then dumping the vinegar out and rinsing with distilled water.  I think the distilled water is essential to keep the motor working correctly.

Contributor

It's only been like 2-3 months, didn't think I would have to worry about replacing the pump...I have a small battery op in my bathroom that I paid like $5.00 and it still works over a year now...It would cost too much to return, the light at least works so won't worry much about it but know NEVER again Bethlehem lights...but thanks all for the posting back.

Contributor

wow, where did you buy them, when I purchased mine on here, it was brand new, never aired...good for you..mine also is the scalloped edge and in cream..also use distilled water and clean with distilled vinegar..still didn't help it last..but I have a large one on my deck and yes agree, distilled water is a must..

Respected Contributor

@PeterDM wrote:

I've read a lot of negative reviews about the Aquaflame candle motors going bad.  I guess I'm in the lucky group.  I've had two of the scalloped edge ones in white for a year and a half, and I only use distilled water in them and clean them by pouring in lots of vinegar, letting them sit for a couple hours, then dumping the vinegar out and rinsing with distilled water.  I think the distilled water is essential to keep the motor working correctly.

You are a 100% regarding your post.  I too, have 2 Aquaflames; the tulip in pink & the beautiful scalloped blue for my coastal decor.  Mine are working fine.  In fact, I am expecting the holiday silver one any day now.  Maintenance is essential.  That's not to say there are defective ones out there.  I give Aquaflame 5 stars!