Frequent Contributor

Re: Is there really any style of home decor that is ""out""?

I've seen a lot of owl accent pieces lately. I think they may be coming back!
Honored Contributor

On 6/5/2014 bbluvr said:

I love what the Property Brothers do mixing the traditional and modern. Lots to look at (including them.)

I love their show.

They use wallpaper frequently. It's mostly geometric designs. I like that a lot.

Respected Contributor

On 6/5/2014 minkbunny said:

Azcowgirl, You made me curious about my cabin dinnerware, found it easily on Replacements.com but it is discontinued now. And, oh my goodness, all the pieces I have would add up to hundreds and hundreds of dollars. Probably as much as my Spode Blue Italian {#emotions_dlg.scared} And all these past twenty years this has been the dinnerware we used out in the yard, on the porch, by the ponds, and I don't think a single piece has broken.

It is called TIENSHAN Moose Country. This 3 qt casserole is about 160 bucks alone plus who knows how much in shipping ! . I have it and lots and lots of extra pieces - all the extras plus 12 of the place settings. Funny thing is the set came with two bowls for each place setting, each one only very slightly different from the other - one is a cereal bowl, one is a soup bowl. It is only obvious when trying to stack them on top of each other in the cabinet. We just use them for whatever, Glad we have enjoyed our moose family so much. At Christmas we have even mixed this dinnerware with the antique ruby and green glassware accumulated over the years. Lots of memories.

Think I will call the giver today and thank her again. Smile

3 Quart Round Covered Casserole in the Moose Country pattern by Tienshan

3 Quart Round Covered Casserole in the Moose Country pattern by TIENSHAN

I love this!

"Summer afternoon-summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." ~Henry James
Esteemed Contributor

yes,mine.....lol........................ it is sooooooooooooooo 50's

Valued Contributor

Decorating with bears and dolls is probably out but, I still have a family of Boyds bears and a Victorian style doll tucked into my oak bookcases that have the pull out glass.

Super Contributor

Brady Bunch avacado green kitchens.

Honored Contributor

Well some wallpapers made a come back....

http://www.news4jax.com/news/wallpaper-is-making-a-comeback/23845912

Here is what's in -

http://blog.comfree.com/2013/02/20/home-decor-trends-for-2014/#.U5DWJiimX-8

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

On 6/5/2014 Happy Elizabeth said:

Brady Bunch avacado green kitchens.

It's funny you should mention that specific kitchen. I've seen blogs where young women are trying to copy the 1970's kitchens to the tee. Paint colors, cabinets, appliances, tables and chairs, dishes, wall art, the whole look. It has been popular to do the 1950's retro kitchens (especially in red) for quite some time, but the 70's are back among some in the young crowd.

New Contributor

If your home is one where you are happy, feeling alive and comfortable, that never goes out of style. I decorate my living space based on a minimalist/world/eclectic style. Whenever I read or hear a critical or negative comment from house decorators about cream white walls being boring or passe, I laugh. I would never paint my walls any other color. Decorating a home can be very expensive, so I have always purchased knowing I will be using that item for a lengthy period of time.

Honored Contributor

On 6/4/2014 kachina624 said: Shabby chic is supposed to be out but I still like it.

I like it too kachina-- my home is a bit of shabby chic with a bit of cottage home thrown in....think Valerie Parr Hill style---whatever the formal name is for that is....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”