Respected Contributor

Does All the Wood in Your House Match?

Just wondering if the wood cabinets in your house are all the same? Example: if your kitchen cabinets are cherry wood or pine, is the rest of your house the same (bathrooms, laundry, etc.)?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Does All the Wood in Your House Match?

no....

Honored Contributor

No
Honored Contributor

No and all the wood in my house, other than furniture (and even some of that) is painted!

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

no

hickory kitchen cabinets, red oak hardwood floors, honey oak 6 panel doors (all the colors are extremely close though), white pickled white in MB (from the 80s)

some wood furniture is dark....

Esteemed Contributor

I might find that boring. My house is over 40 years old, and as such every room has been renovated at least once. When I did the kitchen and hall bath it never occurred to me that the cabinets should match each other, especially since they are not adjoining rooms.

Super Contributor

Mostly. All the wood in my house is pickled/whitewash - kitchen cabinets, bedroom doors, bathroom doors, closet doors, sliding door in kitchen and dining room, kitchen set, dining room set, mine and both my kids bedroom sets, computer desk, trim around all windows and skylights. Both of my bathroom vanities are white formica.

Respected Contributor

No. All of the cabinets in the bathrooms are painted the same color, but the kitchen cabinets are completely different as are the built-in cabinets in the den.

Super Contributor

Who cares about such things... Really?
Honored Contributor

no way