Contributor

Re: How do you keep your TV?

My son lowered the fireplace and mantle during a huge remodel so watching tv doesn’t put a cric in your neck.  

Honored Contributor

All of our tv's are mounted on the walls. No kinked necks and no unsightly "entertainment centers". Love the clean uncluttered look. 

"Pure Michigan"
Esteemed Contributor

Maybe the realtor meant the unit is so large it is making the room look small and taking up so much space people can't visulize where to put their furniture.

I personally don't care for those wall units and am very happy the people we bought our house from took theirs with them.

Honored Contributor

My mother has one of those huge wall to wall units.  I hate it, and yes it looks dated.

Honored Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@151949 wrote:

When I look at those trendy TV stands I  see none of those have cable boxes nor speakers which , in real life, would make them look cluttered, but are necessary to have.

We don’t have speakers, they are built in the tv. Our cable box is about 3 inches high and 9 inches wide. It fits on the cabinet fine. Mine is not trendy. It is a long narrow cabinet with two glass doors and three small drawers. Like a sofa table with storage underneath.

We also have a dvd player and a cd player and a radio - which do require speakers. Our cable requires 2 boxes and of course all that and our chromecast have associated wires etc. that need to be hiddenbehind something. The 3 TVs we have wall mounted all require a piece of furniture under them to hold cable boxes.

Honored Contributor

I guess we're supposed to give up all the electronics and just stream everything.  More wi-fi signals floating around the house.

I don't get the need for all the appliances that can be operated with an app from a smart phone.

Honored Contributor

I have my TV mounted on the wall, yes, above the fireplace, lol. No cricks in my neck from watching it. It fits perfectly and frees up floor space. I'm actually surprised how many TV's a lot of people have in their homes. I just have the one. To each their own, no criticism on my part.
"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

@Snicks1 wrote:
I have my TV mounted on the wall, yes, above the fireplace, lol. No cricks in my neck from watching it. It fits perfectly and frees up floor space. I'm actually surprised how many TV's a lot of people have in their homes. I just have the one. To each their own, no criticism on my part.

@Snicks1.  If you had to watch what my husband watches, you would quickly run out and buy another. Lol

Honored Contributor

Why is your realtor even commenting on your TV?  This has nothing to do with the sale of your house.  If you like it, keep it. 

Honored Contributor

We have one of those Build your own Media Stands from Pottery Barn, bought it about 3 years ago....We have a 55 inch TV and the stand is three modules together dark wood, with glass doors. TV sits on the top and the cabinets holds our Cable Box and dvd's. It is not large at all......I love it.