Honored Contributor

Does anyone still use these

[ Edited ]

My Mom always used can opener.  mixer  and toaster cover thru the years.  She had a couple of different designs.  You can order them on Amazon.

She also used the  metal burner covers with designs on them. She had ones for Fall, Winter Snowmen, Summer Flowers etc!! I see that some stores sell a couple designs but never looked online.

I dont use any of these but was just wondering if anyone still uses?  I like simplicity Smiley Happy

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Honored Contributor

Re: Does anyone still use these

Interesting question, I have never used any of them and I don't recall my Mom using them either. I seem to remember slightly maybe some Aunts using those metal burner covers though.
"To each their own, in all things".
Respected Contributor

Metal burner covers?  My Mom never used them, and I personally don't find them attractive at all.   I'd rather see the burner.

Honored Contributor

Nope, a blast from the past.  I try to cut down on anything that does not contribute in the kitchen.  Unfortunately, I am a bit of a failure because I really use so many of the appliances: food processor, dehydrator, juicer, blender, pannini grill, plant based milk maker, etc.  So definitely no room or inclination for covers.  Fun to think and reminisce how times have changed.  

Honored Contributor

Mom never used stuff like this, and I never have. 

Trusted Contributor

LOL!  I use a toaster cover (I have a christmas one, too) and I have a blender and breadmaker cover somewhere, too.  I used to use those burner covers on my stove until I got a new cooktop and they don't fit it anymore. 

Respected Contributor

I do use appliance covers for the appliances I leave out - KA mixers and now the Ninja Foodi - which are too heavy to put away and take out to use. It keeps the dust off and looks prettier than machinery. I have purchased from a website previously but now I've bought some really cute quilted fabric and I'm going to make my own.

Honored Contributor

I've never used those.  I don't remember my  mom using them either.

I don't even keep my appliances out - except my coffee pot and my Kitchen Aid.  I wouldn't dream of covering that.

Trusted Contributor

Right now, I'm not using any appliance covers, but a few years ago I did have my toaster covered.  I made it, though (I used to sew a lot ), so I'm not sure they are even available in stores anymore.  They are an old-fashioned item, but I tend to like using old-fashioned things, which I label "vintage", it's just what I like to surround myself with.

What's really practical about these covers is that they keep those appliances from getting that fine, greasy film that you get in your kitchen so quickly if you do a lot of cooking, which we do.  Of course, you can constantly wipe down those appliances, but for me tossing the cover into the wash is easier.

I aways thought my toaster cover added a cute touch to the kitchen.

Respected Contributor

I have never used them.  I don't see any practical purpose,and the covers aren't any more aesthetically pleasing than what they are covering.