Honored Contributor

Re: Does anyone still take a bath?

The last bath I took was several months after my first knee was replaced in 2012.  Getting out of the tub was too challenging, so I said no more baths.   

Honored Contributor

I haven't taken a bath since I was around 10.  I like long, warm, scented showers.  I find that relaxing.

Honored Contributor

@sann wrote:

The days of being able to get in and out of a tub have come and gone. Its over !!!!!

Indeed.  I couldn't get in and out of the tub if someone paid me $1000.

Respected Contributor

I take baths in the winter. We have a large soaking tub.
Decided not to get jets when we built this home. 
We had jetted tubs in previous homes and realized that they're  noisy and require the jets to be cleaned regularly. 

Honored Contributor

Bath water totally skeeves me out. I hate the thought of soaking in water that is dirty from me. Yuck. I'd rather take a shower and let all the filth go down the drain.

"Pure Michigan"
Super Contributor

I do all the time.  I like to put some Epsom salts in the bath and soak.  Helps with sleep issues I think, and it's relaxing.   I still shower pretty much every morning. 

Honored Contributor

Nope!

Showering is more hygienic (pubescent age & up) than sitting and soaking when you want to clean your body.  Plus I enjoy the waterfall and massage aspects.

Respected Contributor

Often I relax in the tub, then shower off while I wash my hair.

Trusted Contributor

@KCDiva  I can no longer get up and down like that, but if i could i would love to take baths again. I have always taken showers but many times a soak in a warm bath would be the only way to releive the pain in my back and legs.

Super Contributor

I met a shower for the first time in freshman high school during gym class.  I didn't like it.  I was raised by a bath washing mother.  I still prefer taking a bath but like others I am having trouble getting in and out of it.  I only use a shower when we are traveling and are in a hotel.