Esteemed Contributor

Re: Does anyone still take a bath?

@ID2 wrote:

Bath water totally skeeves me out. I hate the thought of soaking in water that is dirty from me. Yuck. I'd rather take a shower and let all the filth go down the drain.

ITA!!  Yucky......

Honored Contributor

I am someone who loves my bath!  I take a hot epsom salt bath at least twice a week.  I can soak my feet to soften and remove callus... and put on my face masks and read a book. LOVE MY BATHS!!!!!!!

Esteemed Contributor

Still enjoy a hot soaker bath, usually with epsom salts or dead sea mineral salts.

Valued Contributor

I’ve taken baths at night before bed for as long as I can remember. Some nights I relax for a while but others are just a 5-10 min soak.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

We have a large, deep jetted tub.  It uses friction from the moving water to maintain the water temperature.

It is a dust catcher, every once in a while I fill it with water and vinegar, and run it for a bit to make sure it is all clean.

Neither of us use it, totally for re-sale value.  Should have thought that through more, maybe.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Regular Contributor

The only thing I miss about our previous house was the wonderful soaking tub my husband has installed for me.  I have short hair and wash it every other night and on non-shampoo evenings I'd treat myself to a long, hot soak.  It was fabulous.  

Honored Contributor

Just had a major repai on our tub- the house was built in 1955 and no major changes since. We're the 2Nd owners.

It was a real battle to remove the original tile.

Haven't taken a tub bath in a VERY long time but will be giving it a try in a year or so, or if no free time pops up before then, maybe 2027.

Honored Contributor

I always take a shower and have a huge tub in the master bath.  I plan on renovationg the bath sometime next year and plan on making the shower bigger (not huge though) and replacing the tub with a standard size but I would like a nice high end one.

I plan on taking a bath once in a while once the renovation is completed.

Honored Contributor

No, just showers. Getting up from that low down from a slippery surface is too much of a chore and no longer an option.

Not to mention, even when I could get in and out easily, having a dog staring at you kind of takes away the "having all the time in the world" aspect. Woman LOL

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

If I had a bathtub I would, but not necessarily to get clean my body, but to relax before bed.  I still need my morning shower to wake up.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.