Honored Contributor

And while I'm in the mood for one-room wonders, here's another, by yet another celebrated designer, Mark D. Sikes.  It's his own California home.  This time, I'd be interested in the thoughts of others as to which of the three versions, if any, is more pleasing:

54c1643e7e426_-_02-hbx-antibes-chairs-1211-de.jpg

Here's another tweaking of it.  Designers' work is never done:

102016_MikeDSikesBlog_16.jpg

And I could be wrong, but I think this is his most recent version, with shelves:

NEW-2nd-Book-More-Beautiful-scaled.jpg

Sikes is more of a maximalist, but he's so good at creating mood, even when he doesn't have these appealing architectural details to work with.

So, do you have a preference?  Or none of the above?

Honored Contributor

None they are all to busy

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

It's interesting to see a room decorated in different ways. You can really give a room quite a different look by switching things out, but...I'm not sure it's feasible for most of us to switch everything out very often. That would be very expensive. I've moved around existing objects from one room to another in my house though. 

That arched window is beautiful. I like the third version of the room with the bookshelves best. I like the neutrals with the bit of blue and green. It looks comfortable, cozy, and airy. 

Respected Contributor

@I am still oxox Like the first photo....room is inviting 

Respected Contributor

@Oznell - I think #1 is too busy and why would one mask the wonderfully arched window to make it look rectangular?

I really like #2 with its Asian flair and soft color palette.

I really love #3 with those grand bookcases and use of the color blue. 

Honored Contributor

I find it hard to tell because not all the pictures come from the same Carmela position, but I am fairly certain #1 has too much of its furnishings clustered too near the fireplace for me.

Honored Contributor

Is there a fourth choice????

Respected Contributor

I do not care for Room #1.............far too much furniture for the room, all jumbled together,makes the room look small and overcrowded.  The black/brown armoire sticks out and not in a good way. It is the only dark piece in a very light colored room.  Too jarring.

Room #2.......Again have a problem with the dark amoire but at least the bullseye mirror is a counterpoint.  Not as much furniture, so it has an airy feeling.  The exposed arch window has a lovely view but for me the Asian Panels (although very lovely) distracts from the window view.

Room #3 Cover........The cover has been cropped so much, it's hard to get a true perspective.  I do prefer the bookcases on either side of the arched window but would prefer a single blue and white ginger jar on top instead of three jars on top of each bookcase.  I prefer the lightness of the room the best of all three.

@Oznell 

Honored Contributor

I like the 3rd one.  It looks cottage/cozy.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Respected Contributor

Love #3.