Respected Contributor

judaline,I have a kitchen aid and never had any issues with it.no frills,pretty basic.i do use the energy saver on it.6 yrs ago,I believe I pd 650 for it.

Honored Contributor

Re: Dishwasher recs

[ Edited ]

Most of you will call me crazy, but I never use my dishwasher. It just 2 of us and I find it so easy to just wash the few dishes as we use them. Also, with hardwood floors or laminate in kitchen if there is a leak the floor is totally ruined. dinner time takes me 10 minutes to wash, less to dry, all is put away and clean. By the time I would rinse dishes and load, I am done !!!  My Mom never used hers either, and now I see her point.  I use plain old Dawn dish liquid, works like a charm. And one more thing, an unused dishwasher makes a great storage unit, for extra kitchen items. 

Respected Contributor

oh yes,forgot to mention,I hear absolutely  nothing when running a load.another plus

Honored Contributor

Bosch.  Quiet, dishes dry, and for the two of us we sometimes have a very full load, sometimes just a little, but we run it every night--sometimes on a shorter cycle.

It is amazing how many cups, glasses and small plates, measuring spoons, forks, and utensils we can use during even a light day.  And by using the dishwasher the sink is clear and we start the day with far cleaner dishes than we could hand wash.

And I am very confident we use a lot less water that way. 

Respected Contributor

I bought a Whirlpool a few years ago after having a GE then a Maytag.  It's so quiet sometimes I think I didn't run it.  It's smaller than my last two though - that's the only thing I don't like about it.    I run it every day.  Sometimes twice a day.  

Respected Contributor

We used to have Bosch. Sold that home and now we have a Jenn Air.

Both work great and are extremely quiet. 

Honored Contributor

8 y/o stainless steel inside and out, large interior, GE, because it was made in the USA.  At the time GE said Americans wanted their appliances made here, so parts were also made in USA.  It cost more than others, but Made in USA was a top priority.  So far, it's working great.  

I made a list of features I wanted.  There are so many combinations of features, I had to choose one model that had a few more than I wanted, like sterilization, for example, to get everything else I wanted.  

Looked at Bosch and it was a strong consideration because it's made in Germany, but their interiors were too small.  They might make a larger interior now, but they are big on soundproofing.  My dishwasher doesn't have that, the reason why the interior is larger, but I have to put my ear against the door to hear it.  

Since then, GE, "STUPIDLY," sold it's appliance division to Haier, a Chinese company, in 2016 with the stipulation they keep GE's name and manufacture products the same as GE did...for 10 years.  They are still made in USA; however, can we trust China?  Are parts still made in USA?  I don't know.  

Buying appliances has become a real pain for me because I want everything Made in USA. Not only because I think they are made better, I want Americans to have the jobs.  

Honored Contributor

I get Amazon Prime TV through Comcast and don't pay more for it upfront.  I'm sure it's hidden somewhere in the bill, though.

I like Walmart better.  I joined Walmart plus for $20 less a year, one month free.  Often some of my .com orders come from the local store the same day.  Walmart usually ships next day delivery if ordered before a certain time of the day.  Depending on the item, it might be 2-day.  Often the 2-days arrive the next day.  

I get free delivery on everything including home grocery delivery and 5 cents off a gallon of gas at participating gas stations. 

Walmart's pricing is competitive with Amazon and can get everything I need at the same, very close, or lower price.   Also, Walmart doesn't use sneaky pricing tactics that Amazon does.    

Lastly, and very important to me, Walmart is a much better corporate American citizen than Amazon.  

Respected Contributor

I hear ya'.  Had a Kenmore fridge once, never again.  Get a Bosch dishwasher.  Very good.

Respected Contributor

Bosch is the dishwasher for me.....quiet and does a great job.  We even have a commercial one in our shop.  Best I have ever had in my 45 years of dishwashers..........