Honored Contributor

This is where I come when I want some straight dope! My dishwasher no longer does the job. I need a new one. ALL I WANT is something that works with no problems. Had one great Kenmore for over 15 years till it passed away.  Got another one, one thing after another. Terrible. I don't need all the bells and whistles. What's a good reliable dishwasher with little or no problems? 

Honored Contributor

We have a Bosch which was in the condo when we bought it.  Been here 4 years, no problems.

In our previous home we had GE for 15 years and no problems.

Would recommend either brand.

Respected Contributor

We replaced a Kitchen Aid with a Bosch a couple of years ago and have been very happy with it. Although it was more expensive, between the original cost and repair costs over the 4 years we had the Kitchen Aid, we would have spent less if we'd just bought the Bosch. 

Esteemed Contributor

This is what I have ($305, Hotpoint):

Screen Shot 2021-07-05 at 09.01.18.png

It's truly no frills but it works!  It is noisy but I don't care (the house is not open concept and anyway I don't care!).  It's been running fine for 5 years now.

Cogito ergo sum
Respected Contributor

Bosch.

Bought ours in 2005, when my girls were still in school and lived at home.  It has been very well used since then and is still going strong with not one problem in all these years.

If it ever dies we will get another Bosch.

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Honored Contributor

Re: Dishwasher recs

[ Edited ]

I have a no-frills Amana (with manual controls). It was inexpensive but does a great job and it's very quiet. No problems since I got it about ten years ago.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Dishwasher recs

[ Edited ]

In our previous home, we had a Kitchenaid, which had the metal bottom (never buy plastic inside). When we bought our current home, we purchased a Bosch. My husband loves it because it's so quiet. However, I prefer the Kitchenaid, due to the capacity, overall quality and ease of use. Both are great though and the Bosch is a little more expensive. Happy shopping! 

Honored Contributor

had a Miele for years, great $$$

now a kitchenaid it's fine

but they all take way too long for a cycle 2+ hours

Respected Contributor

I have a 20 year old GE Profile DW.  It had one recall and that repair was done free of charge.  It's been working fine all this time but I use it every other day or so.

Honored Contributor

fwiw

I am not buying any new appliance with the expectation of longetivy

that we may have experienced in the past