Honored Contributor

Agree with @Shelbelle and prefer not having a dishwasher. I can see why big families, or those who entertain a lot might consider it a necessity. Our house was built with one, but for some reason, the previous owner opted to take it out and put in a large cabinet. I like the extra cabinet space.

Honored Contributor

Thanks, all. Appreciate it.

Respected Contributor

Hubby checked consumer reports and found that Bosch is rated #1.  So we bought a Bosch.  Yes, more expensive and there is a learning curve to loading it (mine, anyway), but the dishes come out sparkling clean!

ETERNITY: your choice... smoking or non smoking!
Honored Contributor

I just love how clean my dishes come out of a dishwasher.  And I'm convinced it saves on water. 

Honored Contributor

@spent2much wrote:

Hubby checked consumer reports and found that Bosch is rated #1.  So we bought a Bosch.  Yes, more expensive and there is a learning curve to loading it (mine, anyway), but the dishes come out sparkling clean!

My DD got one and she said the glasses/dishes have water spots unless she uses a rinse aid + the heated drying feature-neither of which she wants to do. We didn't used to and the dishes came out fine-what did they do to help Procter & Gamble sell more products???

Honored Contributor

@Judaline wrote:

@spent2much wrote:

My DD got one and she said the glasses/dishes have water spots unless she uses a rinse aid + the heated drying feature-neither of which she wants to do. We didn't used to and the dishes came out fine-what did they do to help Procter & Gamble sell more products???

@Judaline all manufacturers removed phosphates from their products.

I'm another vote for Bosch.

Respected Contributor

@Judaline , another vote for Bosch ... 16 years and going strong.  Whisper quiet and sparkling clean.  LM

Respected Contributor

We're having a new DW installed this morning.  I wanted a Bosch but there is a 6-9 month wait.   We have a strange opening so I was somewhat limited but I got a GE Cafe (that is the line) .  Fingers crossed.   

Honored Contributor

@Judaline wrote:

@spent2much wrote:

@Judaline As I recall, some product that used to be in dishwashing products was banned some time ago, so now things have more water spots.

I think it was some govt. rule, not anything manufactures did.  If I remember correctly.  

Honored Contributor

@Judaline   Sounds like your 2nd Kenmore was a lemon -- too bad.  I like Kenmore and never had problems.  Whirlpool or Maytag are other suggestions.

kindness is strength