Honored Contributor

Dark Kitchen Cabinets

[ Edited ]

Do you like this kitchen? 

I’ve never considered cabinets this dark. I’m not sure if they’re black or a very dark brown, but they look very “rich” to me. The lighter ceiling & floor help offset the dark color, but I still think the dark colors are making the space appear smaller than it probably is in reality. 

I really love the amount of cabinets & storage in this kitchen. I like the floor, & the lighter color of the counters & backsplash. I like the patterned chairs at the bar. I’m not crazy about the wallpaper or chandelier.

98A48399-1E3B-488B-961F-35663DABB8F4.jpeg

Honored Contributor

I love all of the storage and space, I also love the flooring, but I agree that it is still too dark, and I also think a different bigger, brighter chandelier or light fixture would help! 

Honored Contributor

@wilma ,

It does look very elegant, very modern gothic!😁

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Esteemed Contributor

Can't tell , but are the cabinets a  very drk cherry . Many times you see blue mixed with  cherry cabinets

Valued Contributor

I think I would need more light in the space before considering going this dark with the cabinetry.  It's a beautiful space but I would be afraid that it feel too dark.

Honored Contributor

I love the cabinet color.  And the range is TDF.

Honored Contributor

I like this kitchen very much.  However, as I have stated before I prefer table and chairs, I am not an island fan.  I do have to say the chairs at least look comfortable.  I do love the chandelier and the floor.  I also think the dark color of the cabinets do not make the room darker, it looks fine.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I like the color but looking at the picture it's too dark for me.

I have a lot of light coming in but that's something I need to think about before putting dark in my kitchen. 

Looks like I need to look for something lighter.

Esteemed Contributor

I LOVE this one too.  I don't care for two island chairs nor the plaid fabric but that's an easy fix.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Respected Contributor

I like the cabinet design and all the storage, but they're too dark for me.