Honored Contributor

Heavens no.  It has a feeling of being a morgue.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

I would change the top cabinets to cream for a 2 tone look. 

I would also change the plaid fabric on the stools.

Chandelier id Ok but I might want something less ornate.

Esteemed Contributor

LOVE IT!  

Hate while cabinets...enough already, imho.  Dark colors make walls recede.  So to me the dark green cabinets don't overwhelm the room.  This color brings a sense of warmth and comfort to me.

Nice place to relax....and cook, I guess - if you really have toWoman LOL.

Honored Contributor

If it has more natural light, I'd love it!

Super Contributor

I don't like dark cabinets.  I always purchase cabinets in the middle not too light or too dark and I have hardwood floors and I do the same with the floors.  That way when the trend changes I'm right in the middle.

Honored Contributor

If I was going to do it I would choose navy or dark green and contrast more with white, etc..  I like the patterned chairs also, but in more vibrant colors.

Dark colors add depth to a room - whether it's a wall, a couch, decor, or whatever.

Honored Contributor

I think this is a beautiful kitchen. I'm not sure it is anything I would choose to do in my own home, but I do like it.

Honored Contributor

Love the dark kitchen design!  

Years ago we were at a co-worker's place - kitchen was mahogany cabinets and dark hunter green.  The darker wood was common throughout the house.  Darker carpets.

LOVED IT!

I'm not a fan of lots of natural light or brightly lit spaces.  

Respected Contributor

I had my kitchen remodeled a year ago and my cupboards are very similar to the ones in the photo in color (walnut). I have a cream-colored tile floor so I went with a creamy-white granite countertop and a natural travertine backsplash so it's a very nice contrast. We also get a lot of light in the kitchen so it never looks too dark. I love my kitchen. 😊

Honored Contributor

I really like everything but the chandelier.  It looks too formal for a kitchen.