Respected Contributor

I think this kitchen is not as small as it is pictured as the fridge and stove section are not shown.  Would have to see the whole room to decide about it.  I do know that I like the color scheme.  It would not look nearly so cluttered if the counters were cleared with the exception of the canisters in the corner.

The dishware stored on open shelves works for me, but I would select dishware that was pretty enough to be displayed.  The collectibles placed on the shelves would be attractive if carefully selected; such as the large platters between the shelves.

I would like this kitchen with the counter clutter removed and the shelves more carefully arranged.  As shown, the shelves are not attractive, but they could be.

Trusted Contributor

It could be pretty, but, as is, it's very cluttered.

I like the cabinets & counter .. not a fan of so many open shelves & all of the dusting involved.

Super Contributor

I love country and farmhouse kitchens but this is just too much in a small space..

Honored Contributor

I think it's a beautiful kitchen for someone who doesn't cook.  Also, those dishes are seasonal, so they would need to be stored and replaced with something else during the other three seasons of the year.

Honored Contributor

The space is way too cluttered for me. I dislike open shelving in a kitchen. I want upper & lower cabinets with doors. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Country Kitchen...

[ Edited ]

I find this kitchen vignette utterly lovely and charming... And while it might not appear practical, what with all the decorative items on counters and yea, I know, the required dusting... I'm keeping in mind we're only seeing a single corner of the kitchen... I wish there had been more pictures of the remaining areas, because I suspect that along with being pretty the kitchen also features some more functional areas... Overall, not a fan of open shelving, but they work for me in this area... Green is among my favorite colors anyway, so I really like the green cabinets...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I like so much about this.  The cabinet color, counter tops, wall paper, blind, floor rug, and even the china patterns. I also thin k adding bead board adds to the charm of this kitchen.  A few too many items on the countertop for me but all in all a lovely kitchen.

Honored Contributor

@jubilant wrote:

I like so much about this.  The cabinet color, counter tops, wall paper, blind, floor rug, and even the china patterns. I also thin k adding bead board adds to the charm of this kitchen.  A few too many items on the countertop for me but all in all a lovely kitchen.

@jubilant  Thanks for the reminder because I love the counters too... I'm not a fan of dark stone counters so these really resonated with me... 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I like the colors and the room but there is just way too much going on in there. 

I just noticed my Cookie Jar that I had in the 80's siting on the shelf.

Honored Contributor

This kitchen is so charming and appealing, much to look at which I like.  It's a yes for me!