Super Contributor

if you have used it - what are your opinions?

i got one of their preferred customer emails for their paint sale May 1 -5 and i saw a color i would really like to try for my front door/shutters.

Frequent Contributor

Re: sherwin-williams paint???

I LOVE SW paint! You can buy it in cans with a screw on/off top -- I love that feature! The paint goes on smoothly and covers nicely. My experience has been with their acrylic paint line.

Super Contributor

On 4/30/2014 dkh said:

I LOVE SW paint! You can buy it in cans with a screw on/off top -- I love that feature! The paint goes on smoothly and covers nicely. My experience has been with their acrylic paint line.

thanks!!!

i love that feature,too! i bought some dutch boy paint a couple of years ago in cans like that.

Valued Contributor

If I were you I would buy one of their samples first before you purchase the larger size. I have always loved the SW paint both for our home and in our business, BUT we used their Killum Beige for the MB that we remodeled in 2000 and last year when we did the hall bath I wanted to use the same color. I had some of the first can left, but needed more for the new project. I bought some, brought it home and used it and it was a WAY different color than before (too yellow). Then I noticed that the formula on the top of the cans were different. The newer one had more gold than the older one. I took it back and they said that they had changed formulas since 2000 when we had bought the first paint. They tried to fix it several time without success. They even tried to color match the first Killum Beige from a sample I took to them on a paint stick. Still too yellow. I was SO upset that I took the same paint stick to Lowe's and they matched it for me. Worked out fine..first time I've ever used Lowe's paint. From this experience, I am leary to use SW paint unless I buy the sample first, which I never had to do before.

We remodeled our MB in 2010, not 2000. They had changed their formulas somewhere between 2010 and 2013. Sorry for the typo.

Frequent Contributor

Our house is all SW paint. It has lasted very well. We will be building soon and that house will be SW as well. I also like very much, Benjamin Moore and Behr.

Respected Contributor

One of my all time favorite colors is a SW paint - restrained gold. We mostly use Ben Moore and some Behr for trim (cottage white). We always buy the top of the line (or close to it) paint they offer. It's a few bucks more but great quality. Since my DH is an awesome painter, it's an extremely cheap way to dramatically change a room. Good luck
Trusted Contributor

Excellent paint. Our exterior paint is SW, and it has held up very well. Good customer service in their stores, too.

Super Contributor

On 4/30/2014 scatcat said: One of my all time favorite colors is a SW paint - restrained gold. We mostly use Ben Moore and some Behr for trim (cottage white). We always buy the top of the line (or close to it) paint they offer. It's a few bucks more but great quality. Since my DH is an awesome painter, it's an extremely cheap way to dramatically change a room. Good luck

that used to be me until a few years ago. i am the one that LOOVES to paint because of how quickly you can change the look for so little and i do all the painting around here! i learned that it is true what they say - it is not always necessary to pay top $$$ for good paint. the first time i tried and el cheapo paint was for my son's room. i just wanted to update it a little and bought the walmart brand of paint since he wanted to do it himself. i did not want him to waste good $$ paint. that was over 5 years go and it still looks fantastic! it has not faded or dulled at all and when people find out how long ago HE painted it they can't believe it. i painted my hallway with Behr one year and i had to repaint it a year later! it did not wear well at all! if i buy it now it is for small projects only.

so when i wanted to paint our house i checked on the Glidden brand after reading the reviews and i can't rave enough about it! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup} the paint is sooooo nice and thick and it covered so well. i think the 5 gallon buckets were $10-$15 cheaper than the Behr Premium paint.

Honored Contributor

I always go back to Sherwin Williams paint. I have used it in all my homes and I think we get great life out of it. I haven't painted my living room for 20 years, and while it needs to be done, no one who comes in would ever guess. I do wash walls once a year, so that helps keep it looking clean, but I've tried others, and not impressed.

Esteemed Contributor

There's been more house paint under this girl's nails than I care to think about!

I used to swear by SW but switched to Behr a few years ago. Consistency and application are far better.

I stopped at SW to pick up some touch up paint for my foyer before the holidays. OMG! I was about to faint at the price!