Super Contributor

Re: sherwin-williams paint???

Over the past two years or so I have switched from Benjamin Moore to S-W -- their color matching, quality, customer service is just impeccable. And I love their little quart samples -- have purchased several to do a single wall, or a small piece of furniture, or whatever. The paint goes on so well you need less of it than the cheaper stuff.

Those coupons make the prices so competitive with the junky paint. And I have found that my local S-W workers will make up colors via the phone so I can just buzz in and pick them up at my convenience, etc., unlike the big box stores.

Honored Contributor

We used to live near a SW store so that was the only paint we ever bought. I had no issues with it. Now, in our new home , the builder used cheap flat paint from SW and yet, 4 years later, we still have not had to paint, except to touch up some stains and mishaps. I love the color in my house (SW killian beige) and will definitely buy SW when we do paint to get this pretty neutral again.

Honored Contributor

I have only used Benjamin Moore and Behr paint. I think the best paints are paint and primer in one.
Honored Contributor

Good to know about SW though
Trusted Contributor

We've used it many times and it is excellent quality paint.

Honored Contributor

I'm a huge fan of the Behr paint and primer that Home Depot sells. It, by far, is the best I've ever used! That being said the CS at Sherwin Williams is pretty darn good. Recently I took a sample of my new hardwood into a local store to have them match the stain color for my stairs. These two employees spent hours trying to perfect the color for us. They were so helpful. I ended up getting an absolute perfect matching stain for my stairway. Smile

"Pure Michigan"
Valued Contributor

Very good paint but I also like the eco friendly one from Benjamin Moore that has no fumes since we're very sensitive to them. B.M. also has a product that's a primer that's eco friendly and they can match colors as well.

Super Contributor

SAT, we used it in the home we bought in 2012. It was the paint and primer in one formula and we were very happy with it.

We also used the Benjamin Moore paint and were very happy with it, too.

I wouldn't be afraid to try the SW at all. Happy painting!

Super Contributor

On 5/2/2014 reese ~ said:

SAT, we used it in the home we bought in 2012. It was the paint and primer in one formula and we were very happy with it.

We also used the Benjamin Moore paint and were very happy with it, too.

I wouldn't be afraid to try the SW at all. Happy painting!

thanks Reese!! {#emotions_dlg.biggrin} i am going to head out to my store next week!{#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

Super Contributor

On 5/2/2014 ID2 said:

I'm a huge fan of the Behr paint and primer that Home Depot sells. It, by far, is the best I've ever used! That being said the CS at Sherwin Williams is pretty darn good. Recently I took a sample of my new hardwood into a local store to have them match the stain color for my stairs. These two employees spent hours trying to perfect the color for us. They were so helpful. I ended up getting an absolute perfect matching stain for my stairway. Smile

people that know what they are doing and can get the perfect color you want are worth their weight in gold! that is another reason i had stayed away from SW - years ago after our home was built i needed to touch up some paint that the builder had used and i still had the empty can with of course enough color for them to match even though there was no paint info. those people in the store could NOT get the color right after 3 attempts. and then they had the nerve to tell me that they did not refund custom color! well after i finished with them - they did!{#emotions_dlg.w00t} but as i said it was years ago so i hope they have better people working for them this time around because i am going to try it!