Honored Contributor

Re: Coffee Table Books & Displays

I enjoy reading and viewing photographs on a variety of subjects so own a number of large 'coffee table' books... While I used to rotate a few and actually have them on my coffee table, I no longer do. Many of them are now at home in large book cases that line my foyer, along with decorative objects.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

No.  Most coffee table books are never read and I find that pretentious.  My coffee table has little to nothing on top, but I sometimes have a few current magazines and a book or two that someone in the house is reading; or the mail is dropped on it, waiting for it to be read, shredded, or recycled.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@faeriemoon  Just purchased a couple additional books on shrubs! Had my landscaping completely redone in November, which plants and shrubs were either removed or moved. A lot of new black dirt for various levels. New patios and built-in benches to match the stone on the house. So far, I'm very happy. Need nice weather to fully appreciate all the work completed. Hope the sod survived the bitter cold temps. As soon as spring arrives, it's time to add new things to a new 'scape! First time for a complete redo in 28 years. I'm enjoying books as much as always!

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

If I could I would have a side table for everywhere someone would sit.

Coffee tables you have to lean forward. I like to just reach out my hand and get the cup or pen or whatever. I know that sounds lazy but its just not comfortable to always reach forward.

It is nice to have an ottoman or something to put your feet up (or change a baby!)

I think once I had a large book displayed -can't remember what it was but now I just have books out that I use or look at everyday. Small bird books, Jesus Calling etc.

I do have Valerie's faux leather chest that can be turned into a coffee table. It stores so much-lots of large albums and I don't have a desk so I use it to hold papers and a calendar.

I do like looking at coffee table books and magazines at other people's houses.In my own house I would get bored with it and like someone said, no one would be impressed lol!

I like looking at books especially painters and artists that I like. My mother had lots of those and thats how we learned about many of the famous artists from many centuries and countries.

And books displayed artfully in bookcases with other things, looks wonderful I think. My daughter does this really well. And I like to have candles and books and other things too in a bookcase.

I know a lot of us do this.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

@BirkiLady  Good for you!!  Hope you garden and sod get through this winter unscathed!