Esteemed Contributor

Re: Coffee Table Books & Displays

@mimilucyand @Oznell - I'm uncomfortable in homes without books and original artwork! And I've never had a television in the living room or dining room. We simply don't live for TV, social media, etc. 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Honored Contributor

I think it is nice to display an unusual book for a conversational piece.  I received one years ago as a gift from Neiman Marcus that was the Best of Everything.  I no longer display it but back then it was fun.  Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

I don't own any coffee table books, but they can be quite beautiful and/or interesting.  Some very interesting ways to display them pictured. 

I would go with the clear trunk.  Very unusual.  I also like the glass and brass coffee table.  I have several glass/brass tables, not coffee tables tho.   If I had more space, i would like to have the clear trunk.  May have to gvie some thought about how I would use it and what it would replace.

Honored Contributor

I have them everywhere.

They are great for adjusting the height of a lamp on an end table too.  

Most of mine are art, travel, architecture and design books.  Love to leaf through them when I have time.

Honored Contributor

I am done with the stuff that clutters and that has to be dusted. I have very little out for decor any more, no books on tables at all--have a few things on the wall tho. Have been going thru and donating alot and will continue with that. 

Respected Contributor

I have books in every room of my home. I would not consider decorating without them.

Respected Contributor

I just did a stack on a new side table in the living room. I also, have two stacks on an antique dresser in a bedroom. 

My daughter has a couple stacks around her living room on various shelves. 

I do like something on the top of the stack for some visual interest,  but totally not necessary, and sometimes do/sometimes don’t.

-Texas Hill Country-
Honored Contributor

Tastes certainly change over time. I once set out books as decorations but now I just put them on a bookshelf.
Respected Contributor

Coffee table books and books themselves are timeless decorating tools. They will never go out of style. 

Here is the coffee table display in my family room. Smiley Wink

Q-CB.JPG

Respected Contributor

When we went to reclining loveseat I got rid of the coffee table. It was just an expressway for cat. Don’t miss it.