Honored Contributor

Re: Ceiling fans?

[ Edited ]

We have a 2 story and we do have ceiling fans in all of our bedrooms, which are all on the 2nd floor-it helps keep the air moving, and gives a nice breeze! I love them in the bedroom especially! I do hate cleaning the blades, but if you do them often enough-there isn't a huge build up!

They have all kinds of designs now to choose from and they have come a long way from the old bulky fans of old!!

Honored Contributor

We have ceiling fans and we do use them.  I think it is very important to keep them updated because old-style fans really date your home.

Personally, I don't care for fans that include lighting.  But to each her own.

Honored Contributor

@granddi wrote:

In all these beautiful homes that are shared here, few if any show ceiling fans. Home make over shows seldom show fans.

I wonder if a room with high ceiling just look more polished with interesting lights vs functional fans? Our big room has vaulted ceiling with 2 older fans. I'm thinking of replacing the fans with light fixtures. Your thoughts...........about ceiling fans.

@granddi   The house is probably air conditioned.  We don't have that, so have fans in many rooms, three ceiling, and the rest portables.  

When we remodeled the kitchen, an island was installed and I bought a ceiling fan with light to go over it, the best idea I ever had.

Honored Contributor

I only have one, its smaller and has sort of an industrial look. I wouldn't be without it and use it all the time.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...