Esteemed Contributor

All this talk of bath rugs, and I got motivated to put the bath mat from the master into the washing machine, and wipe down the floor!

I keep a pretty throw rug in the hall powder.  It really should be re-painted, at the very least (the color is weird and outdated).  A pretty rug freshens it up.  

I don't use the contour rugs.

Cogito ergo sum
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Bathroom Rugs?

[ Edited ]

@Carmie @Suzeecat ...The bathroom carpeting that I was referring to in my post was wall-to-wall carpeting and it looked like it had been down for who knows how long!...We couldn't get it up fast enough and we had some congoleum put down....Since we were renting at the time until we bought our own home, we weren't going to invest a lot of money into the apartment, but we definitely needed to get that old carpeting out and replace with a more sanitary flooring.

I'm familiar with the washable carpeting that you are referring to...You could buy it in one piece and then cut it down to size...A girlfriend had it in her bathroom and loved it at the time.

Please know that I didn't in any way mean for my post to insult anyone that chose to have full carpeting in their bathrooms...I was just sharing the situation that I described above and it was necesary for me to clarify this as I would never intentionally insult anyone and the personal choices that they have made.

@Nightowlz ...Do you have rug pads under your reversible cotton rugs?...I've seen those rugs and they are lovely but they can definitely be slippery on bathroom flooring...Of course, I'm sure you do, but I just need to check to be absolutely sure!

@Sweetbay magnolia...I got a chuckle out of your post!...I love the "Home" forum as it does definitely motivate us in many ways...cleaning, decluttering or decorating!...I love all of the various threads that share so many different decorating styles, etc. and those who share pictures of their homes...I love fussing around my house and it drives my husband crazy!...lol

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~
Honored Contributor

@MyShadowLove   I took no offense to your comments.  I would have gotten rid of permanent carpet the bathroom too.

The kitchen in my first Home had red and black carpet printed in the kitchen with yellow walls.  I got rid of that carpet first thing.  It was ugly and dirty and gross.

Things were sure different back then.  We have better and easy to care for flooring now.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Carmie ...Good, thank you!...When sharing on a chat forum, sometimes our posts can come out sounding other than what we actually intended as, obviously, it isn't the same as being in person and knowing each other....So there have been a few times that I have felt it necessary to clarify myself just to be absolutely sure that I didn't offend anyone.

By the way, that kitchen in your first home with the yellow walls and red and black carpet sounds absolutely stunning!...lol

We sure have come a long way and our personal unique decorating styles have definitely improved also! Woman Happy

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MyShadowLove wrote:

@Carmie @Suzeecat ...The bathroom carpeting that I was referring to in my post was wall-to-wall carpeting and it looked like it had been down for who knows how long!...We couldn't get it up fast enough and we had some congoleum put down....Since we were renting at the time until we bought our own home, we weren't going to invest a lot of money into the apartment, but we definitely needed to get that old carpeting out and replace with a more sanitary flooring.

I'm familiar with the washable carpeting that you are referring to...You could buy it in one piece and then cut it down to size...A girlfriend had it in her bathroom and loved it at the time.

Please know that I didn't in any way mean for my post to insult anyone that chose to have full carpeting in their bathrooms...I was just sharing the situation that I described above and it was necesary for me to clarify this as I would never intentionally insult anyone and the personal choices that they have made.

@Nightowlz ...Do you have rug pads under your reversible cotton rugs?...I've seen those rugs and they are lovely but they can definitely be slippery on bathroom flooring...Of course, I'm sure you do, but I just need to check to be absolutely sure!

@Sweetbay magnolia...I got a chuckle out of your post!...I love the "Home" forum as it does definitely motivate us in many ways...cleaning, decluttering or decorating!...I love all of the various threads that share so many different decorating styles, etc. and those who share pictures of their homes...I love fussing around my house and it drives my husband crazy!...lol

@MyShadowLove 

No. I'm not using anything under them. I just slide them around with my feet. I like them better like that. We don't have a problem with them like that right now. We have tile floor in the bathrooms.

Respected Contributor

Yes, I use bathroom rugs in our master bath. Thick ones with lots of texture. Pure luxury.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I use a rug in front of sink not around toilet. Around the toilet grosses me out. Not that there is anything wrong with the rug it’s just my opinion. 

Honored Contributor

We have one down for when you step out of the shower.

The one that fits around the base of the toilet, eeewwww if there are males in the house.

Respected Contributor

Well hello @WildFlowerUnicorn  and yes I am one of the few who still uses the rugs...since I have men in the home I will not go without the rug around the toilet and same for the bath tub and shower. All of the rugs are non-slip but I am thinking about a change...just don't have an idea of what I want to use in place of the rugs!

Respected Contributor

In my master bathroom I use a rug around the toilet, one in front of the sink, and one in front of the tub. In my guest bathroom there are no rugs.