Respected Contributor

I use only one rug in my bathroom...a non-skid bath rug in front of the shower. I'm never barefoot, except for stepping into & out of the shower, so I don't need rugs anywhere else in the bathroom. DH uses our 2nd bath as his, he has non-skid bath rugs in front of the sink and shower--he does go barefoot.

Honored Contributor

no one has cold bathroom floors in the winter?

most bathroom rugs are washable 

Honored Contributor

@MyShadowLove wrote:

Do any of you remember the matching doorknob covers that were also included with these bathroom sets?...LOL

When my husband and I were first married, we lived on the second floor of a two family home...There was carpeting installed in the bathroom...Ugh!...We quickly removed it and had new flooring installed!

I've always used non-skid bathroom rugs in front of our vanity and tub areas.

When I was first married, I bought bathroom wall to wall carpeting from Sears and JC Penney  I loved it.

It was machine washable and twice a week, I would throw it in the washer and dryer.  It was clean and sanitary and easy to keep my bathroom clean.   I had two sets of this carpeting.

I didn't have to get down on my knees to scrub.

I would not have permanent carpet in the bathroom or kitchen.

i don't remember door covers.

Respected Contributor

I am happily hiding under the cloak of internet annonymity to admit that until fairly recently I used lid covers and contour rugs in my bathroom.  I'm sorry that it's considered "passe", but I think that lid covers are preferable to sit on (when necessary) than the hard lid, and I think that padded lids are gross.  Personally, I would rather toss the contour rug in the washer than get on my knees on the hard tile floor to scrub around the toilet.  Now, the covers that they used to sell to cover the tank and the tank lid were never a thing for me, I just didn't get the usefulness. 

Now for the deep dark confession - back in the day, I loved being able to get a big piece of bathroom carpet to match my throw rugs, and make a pattern so that I would have wall to wall carpet in my bathroom.  I thought it was a TON easier to throw that carpet in the washer/dryer than to scrub that tile floor. 

Esteemed Contributor

I have always had a rug in my bathroom for stepping out of the tub/shower and I have one by the vanity because I don't want bare tile floor under my feet while putting on my makeup. My rugs are washed weekly with the towels.  I Have never used the contour rug or the lid cover.  Maybe because I was raised in a household by a mom who considered those to be unsanitary.    

Respected Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

@MyShadowLove wrote:

Do any of you remember the matching doorknob covers that were also included with these bathroom sets?...LOL

When my husband and I were first married, we lived on the second floor of a two family home...There was carpeting installed in the bathroom...Ugh!...We quickly removed it and had new flooring installed!

I've always used non-skid bathroom rugs in front of our vanity and tub areas.

When I was first married, I bought bathroom wall to wall carpeting from Sears and JC Penney  I loved it.

It was machine washable and twice a week, I would throw it in the washer and dryer.  It was clean and sanitary and easy to keep my bathroom clean.   I had two sets of this carpeting.

I didn't have to get down on my knees to scrub.

I would not have permanent carpet in the bathroom or kitchen.

i don't remember door covers.

Oh, thank you @Carmie for the validation on the bathroom wall-to-wall carpeting.  I thought I was the only one, and seriously, I would do it again if I could find it! 

Honored Contributor

Nope.  No rugs in either bathroom.  I remember those fuzzy bath mats and the toilet bowl cover from back in the day.  I haven't or seen any of that in years.  It all just kind of went away.  I do have bath mats for when we get out of the tub/shower but they aren't thick and fuzzy, they are like thick terry cloth towel and after we dry off, we fold them over the tub.  I never ever used the tank cover.  It's easier to scrub down the bathrooms without all that "stuff" eveywhere.  I believe it keeps things more sanitary too.  

Honored Contributor

@Suzeecat   You can still find washable wall to wall on Amazon.

Honored Contributor

I hate them but DH has to have some rugs in the bathroom since we have tile floors in them. He says the floor is too cold in the winter when I keep the heat on 64-65° at night. 

I don't use the contour rug that goes around the toilet. Never have used the tank or lid covers.

I have 2 of the below in the bathrooms. They are 100% cotton reversible so they last longer since they don't have that non-skid backing that comes off easily with washing. One larger in front of the vanity plus 1 smaller to set in front of the toilet so DH has something to put his feet on. LOL!!!

Honored Contributor

Sure do - I use both in my bathroom, I have the 2nd floor bath. DH uses the one on the main floor. His bath is a good sized room, no tub, a one sink fairly large vanity. I use a 4x6 rug at the vanity.

In my bathroom which is 1950s motif, Dresden blue tub, sink, and bath tub so I can use the rug around the toilet, and of course a rug at the sink. I love my bathtoom, bamboo accesories.