Respected Contributor

No rugs ever. Had sons and always checked the floor. 

Valued Contributor

Oh dear no! I have always used the bathroom mats that feel like towels, but only heavier. They go into the wash quite frequently and I swap them out often. I promised myself that if I ever renovate my bathroom, I'll splurge and put in radiant heated floors so I can get rid of bathroom mats. There is one in front of the bathroom sink and shower, none in the powder room. 

Esteemed Contributor

I can't imagine not having a small bath mat or rug when stepping out of the shower or bath. I have a small rug in front of the sink in my bathroom, just because it's more comfy when I'm doiing hair/makeup. Those matching toilet/floor covers were awful. My mother had them in the 60s and kept them until the 80s or 90s....finally talked her out of them!

Honored Contributor

@jannabelle1 wrote:

I can't imagine not having a small bath mat or rug when stepping out of the shower or bath. I have a small rug in front of the sink in my bathroom, just because it's more comfy when I'm doiing hair/makeup. Those matching toilet/floor covers were awful. My mother had them in the 60s and kept them until the 80s or 90s....finally talked her out of them!

@jannabelle1. I agree about the bathmat. I have a white hotel mat drapped over the tub.Also a small rug in front of the sink.

Honored Contributor
I've used those sets over the years but haven't bought a new set in ages. Now we only have the mat that came with our shower curtain.
Frequent Contributor

wildflowers_  I dont remember of ever seeing door knob covers lol. Woman Happy

Frequent Contributor

This was a fun thread and I enjoyed reading your answers! Woman Happy  I need to replace the  bath mat rug for when I get out of the shower.  Years ago I didnt think anything of the set that was used lol. But later years I read online the grossness of it! Some family and friends still use these sets. I do have a small rug in front of the toilet but it is not the shaped one that goes around it lol. Woman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

Growing up, we had all that.  Then, later I thought you had to have it so I did, too.  It was all just a nuisance for many reasons and so I got rid of it all finally.  Now, I just do the same as you ---a rug in front of the sink.  I know some people who still have bathroom carpet --- yuck!!!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Respected Contributor

I have a large area rug in the center of the room for color and noise control.  It is NO where NEAR the toilet or other 'bodies of water'.

I do have a cotton mat (like a extra heavy towel) where you walk out of the shower.  It is there to catch water while you finish toweling off to prevent a slip area - wet tile.

The mat gets changed every few days and they all get washed once a week.  They are all white cotton so I can bleach as needed.

Esteemed Contributor

Just one near the tub.