Honored Contributor

I didn't say I have had your experience - nope.  I have had to return some items on Amazon, and when I emailed Amazon to initiate the return, I got replies in minutes with detailed instructions.  And when 1 third-party vendor tried to stall, I filed an A-Z claim right away and Amazon made it right in a day. I am sorry you had such horrible experiences with Amazon.  Luckily they seemed to have greatly improved their returns system, although I personally never noticed a problem with it, obviously you did.

Respected Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

And I must be one of the few folks on the planet who does not have an account at Amazon all because you cannot purchase over the phone nor do they accept personal checks or money orders.

Hello, Mz iMac, may I make a suggestion about your postings?  The small font and the red color make it difficult to read them.   You can enlarge the font and change the colors if you want to, and that would be helpful.

Respected Contributor
@Mz iMac wrote:

And I must be one of the few folks on the planet who does not have an account at Amazon all because you cannot purchase over the phone nor do they accept personal checks or money orders.

Other than the suggestions about the font color and size, please realize that Amazon is, until recently, a soley internet based company, so no, they aren't going to take check/money orders.  The do have 1 brick and morter book store in NYC I think.  This is modern times and take only modern forms of secure payments.  Money orders are easiy stolen and are basically cash, and then there is the same issue with checks.  Digital forms of payments are far more secure, as long as your connection is secure with a solid password on a private network, not public wifi.  The social security administration, and most employers, only do direct deposit because it is so much more secure than checks.  If you have concerns with using your debit card or CC, then get a pre-paid card and use that.  You should consider it, especially if you live in a rural area like I do.  Which leads me to my complaint.....

Today my Amazon order was delivered by UPS to the wrong city.  It was supposed to be UPS Surepost (hate that), but the tracking said, "We'll be in your area today and will deliver your package instead of the post office."  I get that text and expect it when I get home....WRONG.  After calling Amazon, who  has refunded all of my money, I called UPS.  They said that it is UPS Surepost, so USPS will deliver it.  I read them the tracking, which they said was a mistake and my local post office they delivered it to will deliver it.....but that one-red light town, does not deliver to my house and can't because it is out of their area.  I explained to UPS that this was eith the post office or the local school because the town doesn't have any other place that has a front desk. The delivery message said left at front desk and signed by Joe. So UPS called me back and said that it would be transfered to my post office to be delivered.  It will be a few more days.  This isn't Amazon's fault, but UPS.  UPS said that the vendor picks the delivery method.  I told her they didn't choose the city UPS delivered it to because they messed up PERIOD.  I asked her to find out why the error occured, why I was texted that it would be delivered directly to me, but was, and to learn from the mistake.  I also informed her that their UPS Surepost method was very unreliable and needed much improvement.

How did you all know I would come home to this problem!

Respected Contributor
I also mean to add, that with experience in these issues, the package won't be delivered but sent back to Amazon, so them refunding my money is right. If, and that is a big if, I get it, I'll call and fix it with Amazon.
Valued Contributor

Amazon gets so much of my disposable income it ain't even funny.  But I can't imagine living in a world where I  have to walk into a store to buy things.  No wonder I had so little before online shopping became a reality.  I used to literally hate shopping at stores in the olden days.  Now I can peruse a website in my pajamas, or nothing at all ha ha, and watch it magically appear on my doorstep a few days later.  Love that.

Respected Contributor

I've never had one issue with Amazon. I only buy prime shipping eligible items (well almost) I and I don't buy everyday things like laundry liquid, etc. I guess it's regional but those things are just too pricey. But I still find plenty to buy 😊

Respected Contributor

HaHa glad you peruse in your pj's, hope you go to the door in them too. Sorry just got a kick out of your blog. Wouldn't want to know you went with nothing at all. Have a good day.

Honored Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

I'm not as excited about Amazon as other are. I have made purchases, but have had more than my share of problems with not getting my shipments, not getting my refunds for months after not getting my shipments, not getting the right things when I do get my shipment.

I don't like having to pay close attention to whether my item is fulfilled by Amazon or an outside vendor (and those are the ones I've had trouble with getting the right thing, and then trying to contact them to get the correct items).

I don't like the lack of pictures/videos of the product. Many items have one or two not very good photos. Poor descriptions, lacking all the measurements etc. 

I do like the reviews. Lots of them, pictures with many, and the ability of people to come back and update. The reviews are really my favorite part of Amazon.

I'm pretty indifferent about Amazon as well.  DH and I have gotten some good deals from them and there are a lot of times what we are looking for is more expensive. 

I do pay attention to where my order is being fulfilled and I think I've only returned something once and I did get my refund promptly.

I would never pay for Amazon Prime because it's just not worth it for me.  People always talk about the free s/h with Amazon Prime but it's not really free.  You are prepaying for s/h and sometimes it might not work out if you don't order enough to make it worth your while.   

Honored Contributor

Wanted to add, I didn't realize Amazon had B&M stores.  I heard on the news this morning that they are putting one in Cleveland and there is already one in Akron.  I think they said it's near the university.  You can place an order and walk into the store and get it the same day.  You can also drop off returns for free there.

Trusted Contributor

i ordered from them a few days ago...cant wait for my order to get here... i never had a problem with ordering from them.. but yes you have to have a computer.. when my mom wants something i have to order it for her