Honored Contributor

Adding Color To The Kitchen

[ Edited ]

traditional kitchen with fabric stools

This may not be the print I would choose but I like the idea of adding color to a kitchen.  It sure would beat painting cabinets.  If you tire of it, just reupholster the chairs.  

Respected Contributor

Re: Adding Color To The Kitchen

Yes! But I wouldn't have designed such a drab kitchen in the first place.

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Honored Contributor

Doesn't look like anyone cooks or eats in this kitchen.

When I lose the TV controller, it's always in some remote destination.
Trusted Contributor

@jubilant - Nice kitchen. Love the hanging lights! 👍

F/N/A luvstogarden
Esteemed Contributor

I am looking for a similar print but with a dark background for a chair seat cushion.

Honored Contributor

@Peaches McPhee wrote:

Yes! But I wouldn't have designed such a drab kitchen in the first place.

@Peaches McPhee   I used to feel that way about more neutral rooms.  While I still feel that I need a pop of color, I am finding that starting with a neutral room gives me so many more options.  If down the road I need a change or wished I had used a different color, it's just a matter of changing out  decorative objects.  Oh, how I wished I knew this before putting dark forest green carpeting all through my home in the 90's!  Not that it wasn't "in vogue" at that time or it wasn't pretty but it was very limiting over the years.

Honored Contributor

@jubilant I like the idea! I don't necessarily care for this particular print either, but I do think it is a good idea!

Honored Contributor

@jubilant I love this kitchen.  I don't love that particular print on the chairs, but another color rich fabric would enhance the space the same way.

Honored Contributor

I'd prefer to see some color on the walls. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Sort of a nice kitchen and not a bad idea to use a colorful print as they have. I like the print, but probably would have opted for something a bit less jarring here. If I wanted to add color to this particular kitchen I might consider replacing the predictable grey-taupe wall color, though it's not a bad color. Personally, I don't like the counter top and dark base they've chosen for the island at all and it tends to be pervasive, so there's only so much one could do at low cost to remedy the overall blandness. The floor, however, is very pretty.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...