Honored Contributor

Consignment Finds Today...

[ Edited ]

Went today to my fav consignment store must say was surprised to see most the store has changed over to new coastal furniture☹️.  The owner told me due to people selling on different online sources with success her "used" section has dwindled since pandemic. She always had such nice things.

Although, I found 2 Thomasville pieces I hesitated because the 1 piece (below) was $500 which is on consignment.  I asked the shop to call owner she said "No I agreed to sell it at this price".☹️☹️ I'll go back in a few weeks if still there I may see if price lowered🤞🏻🤞🏻

D030B33C-62DA-4763-908D-23CB840C77E5.jpeg

I did purchase this piece not sure where I'll use it, but, will definitely get use from it .

A331921E-A21F-4B45-B285-8E286226D834.jpeg

In the new section they had this cabinet but only in olive green. Wish I knew who sold this brand, I'd definitely buy their website doesn't sell to consumer.

B8D3FDC4-EFA8-4903-BBB4-2D15D40C7F58.jpeg

Honored Contributor

Re: Consignment Finds Today...

Either of those first two cabinets would make a good stand for a TV.  I have a nice buffet out in my garage I'm going to have moved inside for that purpose.  I don't like the "entertainment centers" they make for TVs.  I want to get rid of my big armoire. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

@homedecor1   Congrats on the shelf you purchased ~ I hope the other piece is still around and reduced in price when you return : )

Shopping in consignment and thrift shops is one of my favorite hobbies!  This pandemic has certainly put a damper on the things we enjoy doing!

I am currently looking for a piece I might use as a computer desk ~ nothing too modern, but not big and clunky either Smiley Indifferent

Honored Contributor

Wow, I'm surprised at the price for second hand, even though I love the piece.

There is soooo much really good, really nice furniture on Facebook Marketplace for so cheap in our area. Beautiful wood pieces and sets for under $200 all day, every day. 

If I was young and just starting out again, I would furnish my first home from Facebook Marketplace and auctions for next to nothing. 

I love wood furniture, and have spent a lot of money back in the day (way before we had anything like internet and social media). It's a shame to go to estate sales and auctions and see how little they can get from some really fine pieces, some antique, some newer, often in pristine condition. 

Hope the price goes down and you get it! I realy like it!

Honored Contributor

@Mominohio 

Oh you're so right!!! I have seen really nice pieces but with no truck/pickup availability it sells before I can even see it☹️☹️.

This consignment shop is only one in area yet no way would I pay that considering 

This is on FB for $200 and tons of good pieces but most are china cabinets & I'm trying to sell mine🤞🏻😉. 

11FB432A-93F1-4D5A-B366-439ED7F9A3CE.jpeg

One thing I love about FB is I like real wood and really don't like all. furniture in stores is white or grey☹️

Will see this piece tomorrow.

@Kachina624 

yes I actually had a whole wall entertainment piece -- couldn't give it away😉.  Donated to Habitat.  The new piece I may use as my tv stand as spouse just bought 85" tv 🙄🙄and he's going to put his "old" 70" in my area.  

Right now I'm just using it as a bookshelf 

Honored Contributor

@Irish1210 

They had a really nice one there today and lots of end tables.

I am becoming a thrift store "junkie"...hmmm might even see some of my own stuff donated to Goodwill😉

Honored Contributor

@homedecor1    As much as you buy and haul home, you should be driving a pickup truck or at least a big SUV. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Contributor

i used Google Lens on the cabinet with the louvers    it's on Wayfair  Masterson Sever Gracie Oaks $1099

Honored Contributor

@homedecor1   You have great consignment stores in your area!

Honored Contributor

@LOLLI 

This cabinet is by Cottage Creek furniture.  I just found out the consignment store does have in various colors in their warehouse.

I may consider it