Honored Contributor

Re: Adding Color To The Kitchen

I love this kitchen. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

It's ok, but I'd prefer more color. I would chose a different print for the chairs.

Honored Contributor

The chairs do perk up the area and they look comfortable unlike so many island chairs/stools. I would paint the walls a brighter color too.

Honored Contributor

They don't have very much counter space. 

Two ovens and it's several steps to set a very hot pan or heavy dutch oven down. 

Wouldn't have planned a kitchen that way.  I have a tiny kitchen and much more countertop than that.

Lots of upper cabinetry, but seems so high up it's not easily accessed.  Is that dead space above the cooktop?

If that were my space to design, I'd opt for a nice oven/stove and forego the pillars/columns (or whatever decorative space takers they are) and enjoy more cabinets and drawers and countertops.

About the chair upholstery.  Looks a little dish towel-y to me.  Would look cute in a sunny and cheerfully painted kitchen.

Honored Contributor

Very nice kitchen and the print fabric is a good idea to brighten and add interest to the area...agree you can change it if needed/wanted. 

This particular fabric is not something I would choose.

Honored Contributor

That's a big fridge for no prep space.  

Personally, I would never paint a wall gray.  It's a "cold" color.  I would wilt in a neutral environment.

Esteemed Contributor

Nice kitchen. Love the chairs

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Respected Contributor

@jubilant 

It's a lovely kitchen.  There're so many ways to add color & I like how they did it.  I like the very cheery colors, but not sure I'd like it for a long time.  It would probably take me awhile to decide on colors/pattern.  Curtains would be another nice way to add color.  Loads of ways to do it.

Thanks for sharing.

Respected Contributor

I love the kitchen but don't care for the chairs......awful.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@jubilant wrote:

traditional kitchen with fabric stools

This may not be the print I would choose but I like the idea of adding color to a kitchen.  It sure would beat painting cabinets.  If you tire of it, just reupholster the chairs.  

If I were to do this colorful seating thing, I'd have form fitted slip covers made in the bright fabric and have other sets made in different fabrics to swap out whenever I feel like it.