Esteemed Contributor

Re: Holidays with Jill Bauer - 10/9

all I know is I was not impressed not one bit !!  Once I see the sleigh, polar bears and reindeer etc.  I'm done with watching these Friday night holidays with jill I think. I don't watch for jill I watch for items I would like to purchase.   Last nights show was so disconnected  I have to agree on that  ,  plus all the back patting getting to be just too much, it's always I ,I, I  .   I have to also say MarthaStewart she is not. I know she would like to be.   Why couldnt qvc ask Alberti to do some of these holiday shows. , he worked along Lisa and has wonderful taste have seen  blogs of his home .  Maybe next year.  One more thing I prefer valerie 100% more, her delivery, her pleasant soft voice never rushed like she is out of breath , and just a total class act.  Could watch her every day. She and jill could not be more different.

Trusted Contributor

@Kitty Galore wrote:

all I know is I was not impressed not one bit !!  Once I see the sleigh, polar bears and reindeer etc.  I'm done with watching these Friday night holidays with jill I think. I don't watch for jill I watch for items I would like to purchase.   Last nights show was so disconnected  I have to agree on that  ,  plus all the back patting getting to be just too much, it's always I ,I, I  .   I have to also say MarthaStewart she is not. I know she would like to be.   Why couldnt qvc ask Alberti to do some of these holiday shows. , he worked along Lisa and has wonderful taste have seen  blogs of his home .  Maybe next year.  One more thing I prefer valerie 100% more, her delivery, her pleasant soft voice never rushed like she is out of breath , and just a total class act.  Could watch her every day. She and jill could not be more different.

One thing I will say for Jill about last night's show is that for the first time in as long as I can remember, she did not refer to herself in the third person.  I know that is not something to applaud, because it should be something not too difficult for any person to achieve, but we are talking about Jill.

Trusted Contributor

Her decorating style is a YAWN just like her show. BORING.

Honored Contributor

@lucymo wrote:

@PeterDM wrote:

@Buck-i-Nana wrote:

@PeterDM wrote:

@Buck-i-Nana wrote:

@Kitty Galore wrote:

my guess would be she doesn't want Valerie's help,  wants to bring in her own stuff and decide what her own stuff will be.  Valerie and jill don't  really have the same taste in decor . Lisa and valerie were more compatible in taste. 

Actually, Jill collaborated with Valerie and her team on a number of the items shown last night.

After reading a couple of posts that seem to be snarking at Jill about this, and then nobody posting otherwise, I felt it was important to share this info.  I found it a nice change to have the host actually give/share credit for the products shown.

@Buck-i-Nana, I personally cannot give Jill any props for "creating" the items with VPH, because Jill has been dishonest about her "creations" in the past.  For example, watch the first 20 seconds of the product video for H205839 where she claims to have created the angels with instruments, then google "Gump's Porcelain Angels with Instruments" (which were around before Jill's).  

Jill sees something she likes, modifies it slightly (as is the case with the smaller wings and the addition of the glitter), and calls it her own creation.  I don't know if calling someone out on being a liar is "snarky," but it sounds like a pretty fun word, and in this instance, I'm happy to own it.

Isn't that exactly what LR did as well?  How is it one host gets all the pats on the back and people still long for her presence and designs and another host gets called a liar?

@Buck-i-Nana, I don't recall Lisa ever saying she designed or created anything.  Valerie has also backed off recently in pretending like she actually creates and designs her offerings.  She says "I'm so happy we could bring this to you."  However, Jill is always saying she designs products, and how she and Valerie sit around in Valerie's workshop (where's that, Shanghai?) with hot glue guns surrounded by beaded fruit, pincecones, and gingerbread houses.  Has anyone seen a photo of this place?

@PeterDM  Next time @rosehill flys by to pick us up we'll see if she'll take us to this "designing studio"  where all of these items are created.  How about that?  LOL

I do recall within the last year sometime, seeing either a very short video clip or a picture of Jill and Valerie working on a project, and I think it did have garland and fruit in it, if I remember correctly.

I don't remember if it was here on Q or perhaps on Facebook. And I'm remembering them talking about it on air (Jill and Valerie) during one of their presentations.

If it was mentioned with Valerie present, it makes it more legit in my eyes, as I don't think Valerie goes out of her way to embellish or make things up. And while I wouldn't call Jill dishonest, she does like to toot her own horn a bit when she is involved with a product or design.

Valued Contributor

I am a fan of Jill and always have been. I am sure her shows will  have a nice variety as time goes on.  I watched and so did my husband he also enjoys her style.  We purchased two things from her show and would have been three but I already purchased one item in July.  

I got the Philosophy 10 piece and first time I saw that package and also my husband liked the angel and Santa set and wants to give as gifts.  The Philosophy will be a cute little extra to give to the girls on Christmas Eve and so will the lighted set.

Not all shows are for everyone.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Now I could be wrong, but aren't these the same "iced trees" or I liked PeterDM's description, "lint trees" she was excited about were even leftovers from YHJ Christmas in July....?????

And this is from her blog about Friday's HOLIDAYS WITH JILL show....

Hi, everyone!

Yes, I know it’s Thursday. But did you see my blog on Tuesday? There’s a brand-new show on tomorrow night featuring someone you might know. It’s called Holidays with Jill Bauer. Smiley Happy I’m SO excited!! It’s on almost every single Friday from now until Christmas (don’t worry—I’ll tell you when we have off weeks). But it’s a combination of gifts for everyone on your list and specially curated décor shows with items I helped create and design. I worked hard to create elements of luxury as well as practical staples...and the goal was to give you things you haven’t seen before and can’t find anywhere else.

Well folks let's see if there's anything we really haven't seen before and can't find anywhere else on future shows.....call me a doubting Thomas....Woman Mad

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Spurt wrote:

Now I could be wrong, but aren't these the same "iced trees" or I liked PeterDM's description, "lint trees" she was excited about were even leftovers from YHJ Christmas in July....?????

Hi, everyone!

Yes, I know it’s Thursday. But did you see my blog on Tuesday? There’s a brand-new show on tomorrow night featuring someone you might know. It’s called Holidays with Jill Bauer. Smiley Happy I’m SO excited!! It’s on almost every single Friday from now until Christmas (don’t worry—I’ll tell you when we have off weeks). But it’s a combination of gifts for everyone on your list and specially curated décor shows with items I helped create and design. I worked hard to create elements of luxury as well as practical staples...and the goal was to give you things you haven’t seen before and can’t find anywhere else.

Well folks let's see if there's anything we really haven't seen before and can't find anywhere else on future shows.....call me a doubting Thomas....Woman Mad

@Spurt  Check out H204455 'as is' and see if you think the "lint" trees are a new item.  Just 'icy' is all.

H203513 Regular price.  Color green is new this year.

Trusted Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

Hi, everyone!

She seems to have received the memo about referring to herself in the third person, because she didn't do it on Friday night.  I wish she would also stop bloviating and implying that she's a designer.  

As @Mominohio pointed out, there may have been a video of Valerie fiddling with some sugared fruit.  With Valerie's connections to factories in China, I imagine she is at a point where she could have them send her samples of the loose textiles they have on hand so she can play with them and figure out how to modify existing designs.  Jill may have had a hand in feedback on some of these products, but the fact that we have seen the same products elsewhere, in my mind, devalues her claims that she legitimately had a hand in engendering them. 

I cooked eggs for breakfast, but I don't call myself a chef.  I decorated my home, but I don't call myself an interior designer. Those titles are for people who have years of related education and experience.  If I were to go around calling myself these things, many people's eyebrows would be raised toward me, too. 

Respected Contributor

This has been a dismal year for programming in general, and I doubt that the lineup for this season's shows will change as the inventory has to be sourced and purchased so far in advance. Maybe the criticism expressed here will be heard, and next year's merchandise will be more satisfactory. I take all of Jill's designer stories with a grain of salt, and since hosts read this forum (several refer to forum comments on air) maybe she will tone it down.

Trusted Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

Hi, everyone!

She's NOT a designer. Everything on her show has been seen before. Nothing ORIGINAL.