Esteemed Contributor

Re: Holidays with Jill Bauer - 10/9

Good morning, @PeterDM.  I thought of you and this thread when I saw this photo over on VPH FB. 

I have been over there scanning through photos (and also on Youtube looking for old videos) of how Valerie has draped her various beaded and jeweled garlands under her mantel, because I am in the middle of trying to hang my Autumn beaded garland under my mantel, and it isn't looking like I wish it did. I figured out from the photos that I need to try to scallop it, FYI ;-)

Anyway, this is for you.  :-)

https://www.facebook.com/valerieparrhill/photos/pb.354428307974797.-2207520000.1444655117./734821303...

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

About the "studio"-- Through the years, I have always loved the staged photos from Valerie for her items.  In the past, I have read her answers to questions about where those photos were taken.  She would say they were taken at her studio.  Just a guess, but maybe the studio is multi-purpose and has a space for these beautifully staged photos, and perhaps also has areas for the business side, where samples can be chosen, etc, etc. 

There are some photos of her actual home, but I do think most are taken at the studio. 

Just sharing what I remember reading.  Some of this would have been on her original FB page, which is gone now.  She had to change to a public figure page because of the high volume of people wanting to follow/friend/whatever the word.  Her first page was limited in the number of people that could be added/friended/whatever the word.  There were some pretty photos there.  I wish now I had saved more of them to refer back to in the future.  

Trusted Contributor

@SHOPR wrote:

Good morning, @PeterDM.  I thought of you and this thread when I saw this photo over on VPH FB. 

I have been over there scanning through photos (and also on Youtube looking for old videos) of how Valerie has draped her various beaded and jeweled garlands under her mantel, because I am in the middle of trying to hang my Autumn beaded garland under my mantel, and it isn't looking like I wish it did. I figured out from the photos that I need to try to scallop it, FYI ;-)

https://www.facebook.com/valerieparrhill/photos/pb.354428307974797.-2207520000.1444655117./734821303...

That's a nice picture of them.  As I said, I'm sure Valerie gets samples from the factory in China and tinkers with them.  Funny enough, my boss brought his son to work today, and I was just playing Legos with him.  The difference is, I don't call myself an architect.

Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

Now I could be wrong, but aren't these the same "iced trees" or I liked PeterDM's description, "lint trees" she was excited about were even leftovers from YHJ Christmas in July....?????

And this is from her blog about Friday's HOLIDAYS WITH JILL show....

Hi, everyone!

Yes, I know it’s Thursday. But did you see my blog on Tuesday? There’s a brand-new show on tomorrow night featuring someone you might know. It’s called Holidays with Jill Bauer. Smiley Happy I’m SO excited!! It’s on almost every single Friday from now until Christmas (don’t worry—I’ll tell you when we have off weeks). But it’s a combination of gifts for everyone on your list and specially curated décor shows with items I helped create and design. I worked hard to create elements of luxury as well as practical staples...and the goal was to give you things you haven’t seen before and can’t find anywhere else.

Well folks let's see if there's anything we really haven't seen before and can't find anywhere else on future shows.....call me a doubting Thomas....Woman Mad

@Spurt...  see the text in red above and then please, do tell dear Jill not to worry, I'm not worried...

Woman Wink

Me-me-me-I-I-I...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

@PeterDM wrote:

@SHOPR wrote:

That's a nice picture of them.  As I said, I'm sure Valerie gets samples from the factory in China and tinkers with them.  Funny enough, my boss brought his son to work today, and I was just playing Legos with him.  The difference is, I don't call myself an architect.

I agree with you.  Note the wall of wreaths.  I don't recognize some of them but some of their components look familiar.  

What a fun part of the job--Legos.  ;-)

Honored Contributor

@PeterDM wrote:

@SHOPR wrote:

I've seen Valerie's 'designs' sold everywhere from Walmart to Homegoods and they don't bear her name... I'm guessing they're pretty much stock catalog items sold to wholesalers everywhere... And as for Jill's 'designs'... Oh heck, never mind... not even worth going there...

Smiley Wink

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@stevieb wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

Now I could be wrong, but aren't these the same "iced trees" or I liked PeterDM's description, "lint trees" she was excited about were even leftovers from YHJ Christmas in July....?????

And this is from her blog about Friday's HOLIDAYS WITH JILL show....

Hi, everyone!

Yes, I know it’s Thursday. But did you see my blog on Tuesday? There’s a brand-new show on tomorrow night featuring someone you might know. It’s called Holidays with Jill Bauer. Smiley Happy I’m SO excited!! It’s on almost every single Friday from now until Christmas (don’t worry—I’ll tell you when we have off weeks). But it’s a combination of gifts for everyone on your list and specially curated décor shows with items I helped create and design. I worked hard to create elements of luxury as well as practical staples...and the goal was to give you things you haven’t seen before and can’t find anywhere else.

Well folks let's see if there's anything we really haven't seen before and can't find anywhere else on future shows.....call me a doubting Thomas....Woman Mad

@Spurt...  see the text in red above and then please, do tell dear Jill not to worry, I'm not worried...

Woman Wink

Me-me-me-I-I-I...

@stevieb  Although you may not be worried Woman Wink.....to rephrase that old show biz cliche---the show just CANNOT go on (without her)........(ROLLING EYES)  Or perhaps maybe she's afraid if someone substituted.....Alberti or Carolyn....the show would get such rave reviews that they would hand that host the permanent keys to the show...Woman WinkWoman Very Happy

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

Wow.  I'm glad I'm not a QVC host and if I had ever considered auditioning to be one, reading a thread like this would change my mind very quickly.

Sad.

Trusted Contributor

@Buck-i-Nana wrote:

Wow.  I'm glad I'm not a QVC host and if I had ever considered auditioning to be one, reading a thread like this would change my mind very quickly.

Sad.

She's not a host, she's a designer, @Buck-i-Nana.  :-/

I don't see anything productive with entering a thread and dropping a passive-aggressive bomb on everyone participating.  While there may be some who are being unnecessarily harsh, others are permitted to discuss criticisms whether they are positive or negative.  I suggest that you address people directly if you have a problem with what they are saying.  Your comment contributes nothing but the type of negativity that you are condeming.  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@PeterDM wrote:

@Buck-i-Nana wrote:

Sad.

She's not a host, she's a designer, @Buck-i-Nana.  :-/

I don't see anything productive with entering a thread and dropping a passive-aggressive bomb on everyone participating.  While there may be some who are being unnecessarily harsh, others are permitted to discuss criticisms whether they are positive or negative.  I suggest that you address people directly if you have a problem with what they are saying.  Your comment contributes nothing but the type of negativity that you are condeming.  

I don't really care that you don't see anything productive in my post.  I don't see anything productive in the more than a few posts here that are NOT about the program but are nothing but assaults on Jill as the host.  As you obviously don't like Jill, you don't see an issue with the assaults.  I do and have just as much right to post my opinion here regarding what I find distasteful as those who are venting about what they find distasteful about Jill.  Or, do I need your permission to do so?