Trusted Contributor

Holidays with Jill Bauer - 10/9

This afternoon I received an email with a preview for the 10/9 debut of Holidays with Jill Bauer.  I heard that it was going to be a gifts show, so I wasn't keeping my hopes up for any new decor offerings.  I was surprised, however, that most, if not all of the offerings on the show are old news, too.  It seems like quite an uninspired and lackluster way to debut a new show.  Does Jill Bauer have the leverage and connections to access the products which are necessary to successfully pull off this kind of show?  If so, why is she choosing to saunter, rather than storm, out of the gate?  I think she is going to have to boost her game if she wants to match the impression left by the former hostess who reigned over the Friday night holiday shows.  

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Holidays with Jill Bauer - 10/9

I don't know how it will go, but where's my email? 

I just now checked and all I got from QVC was a waitlist cancellation notice for Jill's beaded pumpkins in Cream, which I really, really wanted!  BOO

Honored Contributor

@PeterDM wrote:

This afternoon I received an email with a preview for the 10/9 debut of Holidays with Jill Bauer.  I heard that it was going to be a gifts show, so I wasn't keeping my hopes up for any new decor offerings.  I was surprised, however, that most, if not all of the offerings on the show are old news, too.  It seems like quite an uninspired and lackluster way to debut a new show.  Does Jill Bauer have the leverage and connections to access the products which are necessary to successfully pull off this kind of show?  If so, why is she choosing to saunter, rather than storm, out of the gate?  I think she is going to have to boost her game if she wants to match the impression left by the former hostess who reigned over the Friday night holiday shows.  

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

BTW, PeterDM I got an email too!!!

Aren't you being a little harsh on Jill???   Jill is more "down home" than "glamorous" which is more my lifestyle and I think others as well!  Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

No "down home" for me.  Thanks to Lisa's direction, my house last year looked gorgeous.    Everyone was in awe.  Classy and just elegant.  Can't wait to decorate this year.  I will miss her style this year.  

Trusted Contributor

@Hooty wrote:

@PeterDM wrote:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

BTW, PeterDM I got an email too!!!

Aren't you being a little harsh on Jill???   Jill is more "down home" than "glamorous" which is more my lifestyle and I think others as well!  Smiley Happy

I wasn't criticizing her style.  I have plenty of pieces that Jill has helped create and sold on her other show.  I'm speaking about how Lisa consistently brought new stuff, including lots of decor, and created a lot of excitement over her show in general.

Trusted Contributor

Criticizing a show that hasn't even aired yet. Nice. 

Trusted Contributor

@10000Nicknames wrote:

Criticizing a show that hasn't even aired yet. Nice. 

I think it's a fair enough criticism to point out that she is selling old products on the debut of a brand new show.

Occasional Contributor

Is it a gift show, or decor, or both? I've picked up a few of the items that Lisa showed last year but I wasn't quick enough to get - the peacocks and the glitter trees- but haven't seen anything new that I found tempting. I really loved Lisa's aesthetic. I stole a lot of ideas from her. 

Trusted Contributor

@Krissie2 wrote:

Is it a gift show, or decor, or both? I've picked up a few of the items that Lisa showed last year but I wasn't quick enough to get - the peacocks and the glitter trees- but haven't seen anything new that I found tempting. I really loved Lisa's aesthetic. I stole a lot of ideas from her. 

Last year, Lisa did some Friday night shows that were strictly decor shows, and other Friday's were gift or fashion related.  This Friday's show will Jill is supposed to be gifts, but much like You're Home With Jill this week, there are a few decor items listed in he preview as well.  Out of the 31 items listed in the show's preview, there are 2 items that haven't been presented before.

Valued Contributor

Thanks, PeterDM!

i've tried many times to get qvc emails, but nothing works, including resetting preferences. 

I was hoping there would be more new items since Alberti mentioned a recent preview event.  Redundancy in decor has started in the last shows.  Thank goodness those huge ornaments with figures holding them (tsv last year) finally went to LTS awhile ago.