Valued Contributor
I believe that as professionals, the hosts should be as polished as possible.

I realize this is live tv, and mistakes can be made on occasion. When that same error is repeated, it no longer appears to be an error but rather appears intentional, and when it is gross information that can be bothersome to some viewers.

This is part of what bothers me. That, and appearing to use the misfortune of others as a sales tactic. As viewers and buyers, we can respectfully point out these inconsistencies.

There's nothing wrong with saying that it is erroneous for a host to claim that the Q is the only place that a particular handbag can be found on clearance. That's not bashing, it's a fact.
Valued Contributor

@Fashionista17 wrote:

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

I think it was a confusion by her that she meant to say QVC is the only place where you can get easy pay and it came out clearance price. It would have been helpful if the producer could have asked her to clarify what she said during the show.

I like Shawn and I am worried that the Q is overexposing her...Shawn with Isaac twice, PM Style, Tuesday Night Beauty, her new "deals" show on Wednesdays, Shawn Says Accessorize on Friday and now the occasional Dooney show on Saturday. She has admitted to not having many handbags, so I was surprised she was the host on Saturday's Dooney show. On one of the first Wednesday night shows with the good deal finds, she looked into the camera and said something like "I can't do everything around here." Woman Frustrated I knew what she meant! It seems that the Q has a "deep enough bench" of hosts to bring other likeable hosts like Pat, Mary Beth, Jennifer, Nancy, Carolyn (when she returns...sending her positive and good wishes this summer), Sandra and even Courtney into the mix.

I agree that Shawn is getting too much air time.  I don't dislike her but I do think that her best shows are the ones she does with Isaac and her accessories shows.  I do not care for her beauty shows and I've stopped watching PM Style because its vibe is annoying to me.  It is too frantic and I don't care for Shawn as its host.  I would like to see more of Jill on these evening shows as I think she is one of the more professional hosts on QVC and I feel she is underrated.  I know many dislike her but I appreciate her quiet and more low key presentation style.  As a matter of fact, Jill, Pat, Sandra, and even Leah need more evening air time.  I work, and aside from Shoe Shopping with Jane and David's food show on Wednesday night, it seems that all we see in prime time is Shawn.  Why QVC has chosen to make Shawn the "It" girl is a mystery to me.

@Fashionista17 wrote:

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

I think it was a confusion by her that she meant to say QVC is the only place where you can get easy pay and it came out clearance price. It would have been helpful if the producer could have asked her to clarify what she said during the show.

I like Shawn and I am worried that the Q is overexposing her...Shawn with Isaac twice, PM Style, Tuesday Night Beauty, her new "deals" show on Wednesdays, Shawn Says Accessorize on Friday and now the occasional Dooney show on Saturday. She has admitted to not having many handbags, so I was surprised she was the host on Saturday's Dooney show. On one of the first Wednesday night shows with the good deal finds, she looked into the camera and said something like "I can't do everything around here." Woman Frustrated I knew what she meant! It seems that the Q has a "deep enough bench" of hosts to bring other likeable hosts like Pat, Mary Beth, Jennifer, Nancy, Carolyn (when she returns...sending her positive and good wishes this summer), Sandra and even Courtney into the mix.

I agree that Shawn is getting too much air time.  I don't dislike her but I do think that her best shows are the ones she does with Isaac and her accessories shows.  I do not care for her beauty shows and I've stopped watching PM Style because its vibe is annoying to me.  It is too frantic and I don't care for Shawn as its host.  I would like to see more of Jill on these evening shows as I think she is one of the more professional hosts on QVC and I feel she is underrated.  I know many dislike her but I appreciate her quiet and more low key presentation style.  As a matter of fact, Jill, Pat, Sandra, and even Leah need more evening air time.  I work, and aside from Shoe Shopping with Jane and David's food show on Wednesday night, it seems that all we see in prime time is Shawn.  Why QVC has chosen to make Shawn the "It" girl is a mystery to me.

Great post, ITA

Trusted Contributor
Yes Shawn is probably right because stores and websites don't sell all the same Dooneys as the Q. Aren't there Dooneys made just for the Q? I'm not a Dooney lover but I'm sure I read on these forums that the QVC quality was not the same as the other Dooneys.
Trusted Contributor
Maybe because it keeps her busy so she doesn't have time to think about the tragedy she has gone through. Why can't people have just a little compassion and stop with all the criticism. I like Shawn and I love that she's so spiritual. Can't you people just stop with all the cruel remarks. I guess there is a need to pick on Shawn now that Lisa is gone.
Respected Contributor

I saw several at Marshalls yesterday!  Definitely discounted.

Contributor

Can you imagine talking nonstop for 3 hours.  I think they run out of stuff to say, so they just talk.  All of the sales people do.  No need to pick on one.  

Occasional Contributor

i wish Shawn would stop wearing the tattered jeans-she is so much cuter than that.

MESSY, MESSY,MESSY!!!

Contributor

She has, of late, gotten quite full of herself.  

I just watched Shawn Killinger selling a hair removal device. She had the audacity and insensitivity to say something to the effect that while she's quite hairy, she is not aware of being Italian in any way. How dare she insult an entire ethnic group. Racist and disgusting. I am a proud Italian American woman. Perhaps it is time to inform Shawn that I am NOT all that hairy. We Italians are not all hirsute beasts. I will not buy anything she sells. Disturbing and disgusting!

Trusted Contributor

@Lovemy5 wrote:

I just watched Shawn Killinger selling a hair removal device. She had the audacity and insensitivity to say something to the effect that while she's quite hairy, she is not aware of being Italian in any way. How dare she insult an entire ethnic group. Racist and disgusting. I am a proud Italian American woman. Perhaps it is time to inform Shawn that I am NOT all that hairy. We Italians are not all hirsute beasts. I will not buy anything she sells. Disturbing and disgusting!

----------------

It was the Vendor, who mentioned having an Italian Grandmother, that she had, inherited upper lip hair from.  She wasn't being insulting to her Grandma, she said how much she had meant to her. 

Shawn was later talking about having a problem with excess hair, and mentioned that she was not Italian,as a response, to the vendors earlier comment.  

I'm sure neither of them meant to be insulting, to anyone. It would be like me mentioning, how I inherited my wide "working feet" from my Irish Grandma's ( my Grandma's description ), and Irish decsended, women, taking offense.

Maybe  a bit of over sensitivity, eh?