Valued Contributor

@appleseed wrote:

Did anyone else hear Shawn reference Carolyn Gracie's medical condition as a sales tactic for the pink bag? Sorry but that struck me as a no-no.. 

IMO, That is so very wrong!!!!!!  I am so glad I did not here that, but I really cut her off the minute I hear that voice. Thank you for letting us know that. Just shows how so unprofessional she is. CANNOT STAND HER

Respected Contributor

Nobody would say anything if she got it correctly. Hosts are paid plenty, she can buck up and get it right!

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because unfriendly comments about the host.

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC due to the unfriendly comment directed at another community member.

Contributor

i really dont get into the blog thing.  i did see that QVC put some strick rules. I dont blame them.  

I can not believe that all of you have the nerver to sit and bash a host on their own web site.  

Why dont you get your self another place to blog and slam people all day long. I think it is rude and cruel to do that. 

You all should be ashamed and QVC should drop you all off of their web site blog.  

I couldnt believe when i came across some of the terrible things people would say about the host before they changed the rules.  

Grow up ladies.

Occasional Contributor

Shawn need a bit more polish.   I want to be introduced, informed and encouraged to learn about a product not to be overwhelmed by an over-verbose host who frequently uses words incorrectly.  When the host's behavior overshadows the product then one becomes disinterested and distracted.  I think a little Shawn goes a long way.  I change the channel when Shawnie get Yawnie!

Regular Contributor

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

I think it was a confusion by her that she meant to say QVC is the only place where you can get easy pay and it came out clearance price. It would have been helpful if the producer could have asked her to clarify what she said during the show.

I like Shawn and I am worried that the Q is overexposing her...Shawn with Isaac twice, PM Style, Tuesday Night Beauty, her new "deals" show on Wednesdays, Shawn Says Accessorize on Friday and now the occasional Dooney show on Saturday. She has admitted to not having many handbags, so I was surprised she was the host on Saturday's Dooney show. On one of the first Wednesday night shows with the good deal finds, she looked into the camera and said something like "I can't do everything around here." Woman Frustrated I knew what she meant! It seems that the Q has a "deep enough bench" of hosts to bring other likeable hosts like Pat, Mary Beth, Jennifer, Nancy, Carolyn (when she returns...sending her positive and good wishes this summer), Sandra and even Courtney into the mix.

I agree that Shawn is getting too much air time.  I don't dislike her but I do think that her best shows are the ones she does with Isaac and her accessories shows.  I do not care for her beauty shows and I've stopped watching PM Style because its vibe is annoying to me.  It is too frantic and I don't care for Shawn as its host.  I would like to see more of Jill on these evening shows as I think she is one of the more professional hosts on QVC and I feel she is underrated.  I know many dislike her but I appreciate her quiet and more low key presentation style.  As a matter of fact, Jill, Pat, Sandra, and even Leah need more evening air time.  I work, and aside from Shoe Shopping with Jane and David's food show on Wednesday night, it seems that all we see in prime time is Shawn.  Why QVC has chosen to make Shawn the "It" girl is a mystery to me.

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.
Contributor

Re: Shawn

i really dont get into the blog thing.  i did see that QVC put some strick rules. I dont blame them.  

I can not believe that all of you have the nerver to sit and bash a host on their own web site.  

Why dont you get your self another place to blog and slam people all day long. I think it is rude and cruel to do that. 

You all should be ashamed and QVC should drop you all off of their web site blog.  

I couldnt believe when i came across some of the terrible things people would say about the host before they changed the rules.  

Grow up ladies.

Respected Contributor
Roxie Pokie, I don't know who you are but since you are "new" I will let you know that most of us can read and it is not necessary to post your thoughts more than once. We are grownups. And we have figured out how to have a discussion that includes constructive criticism offered in a kind manner that will hopefully benefit QVC's offering of our beloved Dooney bags. Your unkind assistance is not required.
Valued Contributor

@Roxie Pokie wrote:

Grow up ladies.

As long as people are living and breathing they are going to give opinions on what they think. Even the kindest sweetest people have opinions and always will. Being in the national public eye you are more prone to public opinion than normal. S.K. has gotten plenty of constructive criticism from the viewers, if you want to call it bashing that is your opinion, see even you have one. Obviously the upper management has chosen not to reel her in and get her to control herself even in my opinion when I think she is rude to Issac and other people there to sell there products. But it is about the almighty dollar. I still think other host that have as much T.V. time as S.K. could bring in just as many dollars, I really believe that. You gave your opinion, and I gave mine. If constructive criticism is bashing then I would hate to see many superiors behind closed doors with their employee's.